another shipping question about usps express mail to TAIWAN

Sep 22, 2006
i just called the post office to inquire about signature confirmation and was told it depends on local post office to update the status. since the item is high value. i wonder if anyone had experience with shipping to taiwan or receiving package there? do they require signature for international package? Thanks!

I don't think that this varies depending on what country you ship to. A signature is required per the sender's request, so if you sent the package with signature confirmation then the recipient will indeed be required to sign for the package. :yes:

I've shipped to Taiwan a few times over the years. These shipments were for Ebay auctions. I've always used USPS Express Mail and declared (for customs)/insured for the full amount I was paid for the item (Chanel bags in the $2,000 range). No less. Express Mail comes with signature confirmation which protects the person sending the item and is required by PayPal for amounts over $250.00.

As long as you ship Express Mail/EMS to Taiwan with insurance, it should be signed for by the buyer. I ship regularly to Taiwan (to friends and family) and haven't had an issue.

But the signature confirm for ems express doesnt show up online at usps.com. Isn't that right?

And unless the signature shows up electronically at usps.com, you as the seller can lose your case as I understand it.

Is that right? I'm going to ship to Singapore soon, and want to see how I can get signature confirm.