Another Scarlet MAM Reveal

few823

Obsessed
Nov 22, 2007
Hi ladies!

Sorry to start a new thread about the same bag (I normally just hijack other peoples :P) but my Scarlet MAM just arrived and I need help!!!

I do :heart: the color! Like many of you I really was looking forward to a pinky distressed bag, but honestly this color is great.

Now I love MAMs - it's what I've always leaned towards for RMs, but recently I've really been loving the Nikki's. I bought a Noir and Magenta one. I have a saddle brown (don't know the official color), Seagreen, and Ocean MAM.

So what do I do - keep the MAM or hope that a Scarlett one pops up on eBay? (I know I could just get one from LB, but I kinda wanted to take advantage of the cashback) I need help :confused1:

Here are some pics: (Two notes: This bag is SO hard to photograph and I SUCK at taking pictures! Or at least I like to just blame it on my cheap digital)

All the pictures are without the flash (sorry for the gym clothes again!)

MAMScarlet002.jpg

MAMScarlet004.jpg

MAMScarlet005.jpg

MAMScarlet006.jpg

MAMScarlet008.jpg

Oh, this bag is gorgeous! I have a scarlet Nikki on it's way and am glad to see the color and texture are so pretty! I am a bit confused, are you asking if you should keep the MAM or wait to buy a scarlet nikki on the bay? Your MAM is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks MSG and dp!

Yeah, I'm basically wondering if I should return or sell the MAM and get the Nikki instead?? I just can't make up my mind!!!

You are going to LOVE your Nikki!!! If you dont, I'll take it off your hands :graucho:

It's gorgeous! That second picture almost looks like velvet.

My take on distressed leathers though is that they look better in slouchy nikki than in (my mind at least) more structured MA/MAMs.

:ty: I can't wait to get her! Well, I guess it is a personal choice. I have a MAB and one other nikki and I personally LOVE the comfort in the Nikki. I am afraid I am quite addicted to the nikki and see so many more I love and want to purchase. As much as I love my MAB, I have been seriously thinking of listing her on feebay in order to get another Nikki. That's just me though. Now, if I had a scarlet MAM or MAB I might not be able to let go of her! My MAB is the smooth leather and I think the scarlet is more relaxed and distressed which would make her more comfortable to wear. Oh hon...I don't know, this would be a HARD decision!:sweatdrop:

I'm apparently seriously stressing over it!! Perhaps I need to get out more...

I'm going to just let her sit out next to me tonight - I don't need to make the decision right this instant, right?

^right. Just take a deep breath and take her beauty in! No need to rush, see if she grows on you. Take your nikki out and compare the two and really think about which style you would like her "skin" on.:tup:

Congrats on that Scarlett MAM! :nuts:

I'd say sit on your decision for a little while. You don't have to decide immediately. It sounds like you like Nikkis, but personally I prefer MAMs. Try wear your Scarlett MAM around the house for a few days and see if you like the satchel style. :yes:

I am falling for the Scarlett :love: after seeing all these pictures!
I personally think the Mini Nikk or the Nikki would be better in Scarlett (a big portion of that is because I don't like the patent bottom?)

But your still looking good with the MAM few, let us know what you decide :tup:

Wow, I must say I don't do red bags but if I did Scarlet would be the ticket!!! I think it looks awesome in either style but sounds like you'd rather have the Nikki. If you're not in a rush just think it over and sell the MAM later if you change your mind.