Another SAD 12A Red reveal (Red Square Mini)

mrsMP

O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hi ladies...

Today I received the 12A red mini that I've been waiting for a very loooong time... and I am NOT happy at all!

I don't know what it is, but the caviar on mine is so soft that it felt like lambskin that had been used for a long time! There are creases on the flap (surprise surprise!) and when I open the flap, the back of the flap have so many creases (which seemed like it had been on display) I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be but I do own a soft caviar m/l in dark beige and the caviar on that is definitely stiffer than this red caviar.

So ladies, please tell me, is that normal for the 12A red caviar?

I got mine from Nordstrom and was the 4th one on the waitlist (so I was told) and was promised that I would be getting a brand new one. When the SA told me that mine shipped, she said that it's the last of their shipment and that no one had even opened or touched the bag, which I later on found out was a complete lie! When I checked the bag, it had 2 return stickers on the tag!!! So I immediately called the SA and she said that it was a brand new shipment but doesn't know exactly where it originated from! What BS! I felt insulted because I shop at Nordstrom a lot and know that when there are 2 stickers on the tag, it's definitely a return!

I also wonder if the extremely hot weather in SoCal has anything to do with the caviar being too soft... ??

I don't know what to do , I love the bag but not really happy with the quality (and the fact that I was lied to!).. Seems like the bag is defective but I wonder if everything that I mentioned about the quality is normal for the 12A red caviar...

So ladies, please help me... Should I find a replacement from another store or should I just keep it? I don't know ... I'm worried that I may not be able to find a replacement :sad:

I have attached some pictures... I'm not really good at photography so I'm not sure if you ladies can see the creases on the front flap.. but it's definitely there :smile:

Help please.... TIA!!
RedMini1.jpg

RedMini2.jpg

RedMini4.jpg

RedMini3.jpg

Last edited:
Omg the last picture!!! :amazed: I'd def return it and find it in another store where they will help you properly. It's so rude she lied to you, I can't believe it. She probably just wanted to sell the bag and know that if she told you the bag was already used/returned twice you (and probably someone else) wouldn't buy the bag, so she lied.

Does it only get that wrinkly when you raise the flap? Other than that it looks ok. I would've returned it just for the fact that the SA lied (makes me riled up!). But maybe find another one before you return it, if you're desperate to have this?

Does it only get that wrinkly when you raise the flap? Other than that it looks ok. I would've returned it just for the fact that the SA lied (makes me riled up!). But maybe find another one before you return it, if you're desperate to have this?

Yes, only when I raise the flap :sad: so sad :sad:

The bad seems fine to me as I know the 12A Red is made with iridescent caviar (aka not the same rigid caviar as the Black ones, the leather is softer and more like in between a Rigid Caviar and Lambskin). Looking at Pic #1 and #2 - they seems new and pretty... with #3 - I think its normal that is has creases WHEN YOU RAISE the flap b/c of the softer caviar leather. I own a 12A Red jumbo and 00V Black Classic Rigid Caviar as well. BUT I agree with you - If you see there are TWO "required if returned" labels and/or a thingy is removed on the org. tag, then it is indeed a RETURNED bag.

Can someone please explain to me what the stickers are? I am not sure I know what you are making reference to.....
A picture would be especially helpful.
These creases are characteristic to softer caviar, however these creases seem excessive for such a small bag :sad:

Can someone please explain to me what the stickers are? I am not sure I know what you are making reference to.....
A picture would be especially helpful.
These creases are characteristic to softer caviar, however these creases seem excessive for such a small bag :sad:

The Nordstrom Sticker has barcode on it, just like the little NM sticker they stick on the box/price tag when you purchase something, it's for future return purpose.

P1020349.jpg

I think the OP is referring to the sticker like these. The left only have one single sticker , but the right one have two, so we kinda know it's a return.

Last edited:
As of OP, i think the creases are totally normal when you open the flap, especially it's a softer leather. Just like when i purchase my mini days ago, the SA are so careless that open very fully my flap and it made my heart sink just seeing her to do that. i would say if i did that i will feel more comfortable! No worry. it's just the nature of the leather. But if you ain't happy about the SA lie about whereabout of the bag, return it. Or else just accept it overall it's a very good condition bag. Sometime we don't know who touches our bag before us, for me, as long as it's good. I'm okay with that.

The bad seems fine to me as I know the 12A Red is made with iridescent caviar (aka not the same rigid caviar as the Black ones, the leather is softer and more like in between a Rigid Caviar and Lambskin). Looking at Pic #1 and #2 - they seems new and pretty... with #3 - I think its normal that is has creases WHEN YOU RAISE the flap b/c of the softer caviar leather. I own a 12A Red jumbo and 00V Black Classic Rigid Caviar as well. BUT I agree with you - If you see there are TWO "required if returned" labels and/or a thingy is removed on the org. tag, then it is indeed a RETURNED bag.

Hi :smile: thanks for your input.. I actually own another soft/iridescent caviar in m/l dark beige and the difference between the two are enormous... the leather on this red bag is sooo soft (softer than lambskin) that it makes me wonder if that's even normal..

Reading some of the other ladies' comments, this may be normal but luckily, I just found another one from another SA and just ordered it... Hopefully the new one is really brand new *crossing my fingers* and I'll wait 'til I get the new one before I return this...

thanks again :smile:

As of OP, i think the creases are totally normal when you open the flap, especially it's a softer leather. Just like when i purchase my mini days ago, the SA are so careless that open very fully my flap and it made my heart sink just seeing her to do that. i would say if i did that i will feel more comfortable! No worry. it's just the nature of the leather. But if you ain't happy about the SA lie about whereabout of the bag, return it. Or else just accept it overall it's a very good condition bag. Sometime we don't know who touches our bag before us, for me, as long as it's good. I'm okay with that.

Hi :smile: So does the back of the flap on yours look similar to mine or is mine too excessive? where did you get yours from? is it in red too? TIA!

If you really live this bag, keep it. It looks fine and it is iridescent caviar so it is much softer than regular.

This red is super hard to find so if you return it, you may not get one at all.

Hi :smile: So does the back of the flap on yours look similar to mine or is mine too excessive? where did you get yours from? is it in red too? TIA!

I have a iridescent caviar jumbo, 2 minis in lambskin that look similar to yours when open. When it closes, it's totally fine. It didn't leave the cease lines when it's close. I got those from Chanel boutique and NM, and it ain't red.

AmourCC said:
The Nordstrom Sticker has barcode on it, just like the little NM sticker they stick on the box/price tag when you purchase something, it's for future return purpose.

I think the OP is referring to the sticker like these. The left only have one single sticker , but the right one have two, so we kinda know it's a return.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and picture folks :smile: