Another SAD 12A Red reveal (Red Square Mini)

Hi I just checked my bag. The back does wrinkle like that when opened. otherwise, it' fine! I have another soft cavair and it does the same thing. I think it's just characteristic of the material. i love the color, and it's so hard to find, so I am going to keep!

:smile:
Hi ladies...

Today I received the 12A red mini that I've been waiting for a very loooong time... and I am NOT happy at all!

I don't know what it is, but the caviar on mine is so soft that it felt like lambskin that had been used for a long time! There are creases on the flap (surprise surprise!) and when I open the flap, the back of the flap have so many creases (which seemed like it had been on display) I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be but I do own a soft caviar m/l in dark beige and the caviar on that is definitely stiffer than this red caviar.

So ladies, please tell me, is that normal for the 12A red caviar?

I got mine from Nordstrom and was the 4th one on the waitlist (so I was told) and was promised that I would be getting a brand new one. When the SA told me that mine shipped, she said that it's the last of their shipment and that no one had even opened or touched the bag, which I later on found out was a complete lie! When I checked the bag, it had 2 return stickers on the tag!!! So I immediately called the SA and she said that it was a brand new shipment but doesn't know exactly where it originated from! What BS! I felt insulted because I shop at Nordstrom a lot and know that when there are 2 stickers on the tag, it's definitely a return!

I also wonder if the extremely hot weather in SoCal has anything to do with the caviar being too soft... ??

I don't know what to do , I love the bag but not really happy with the quality (and the fact that I was lied to!).. Seems like the bag is defective but I wonder if everything that I mentioned about the quality is normal for the 12A red caviar...

So ladies, please help me... Should I find a replacement from another store or should I just keep it? I don't know ... I'm worried that I may not be able to find a replacement :sad:

I have attached some pictures... I'm not really good at photography so I'm not sure if you ladies can see the creases on the front flap.. but it's definitely there :smile:

Help please.... TIA!!
RedMini1.jpg

RedMini2.jpg

RedMini4.jpg

RedMini3.jpg

I don't know about the soft caviars but it sounds as if they are closer to lamb, which makes the same crease when the flap is lifted. It's not a defect, but just the result of the softer leather. If it really bothers you, you might want to consider sitting this one out because it will eventually be visible when it is closed as well. My rigid red caviar does not do this. So maybe you want to hunt down a 10C red?

Do you mean when the flap is closed, the leather will look wrinkled just like the 4th pic?? or just a crease?? Now, I'm a bit bothered.... please explain.

I don't know about the soft caviars but it sounds as if they are closer to lamb, which makes the same crease when the flap is lifted. It's not a defect, but just the result of the softer leather. If it really bothers you, you might want to consider sitting this one out because it will eventually be visible when it is closed as well. My rigid red caviar does not do this. So maybe you want to hunt down a 10C red?

will this happen to an m/l flap too? since its the same caviar?

I have the soft caviar, and there's just one crease where the flap opens at the back. Not too bothersome .. I wouldn't notice it if I don't look closely.

However, I'm not sure about the wrinkles that the 4th photo showed.. I'm going to check

The creasing is normal, especially for soft caviar.....I have old rigid caviar bags from years ago that crease when open, though not nearly as much as the mini pictured here.

I have a couple of soft caviar bags, including the 12a jumbo red, which I have not removed the tissue off the chains yet, and have had for 3 weeks... However, my other soft caviar are extremely sturdy. I also have lamb and aged calf... One of my soft caviar is 11A dark red half moon WOC, and I have taken no special care when carrying it, including having iced latte from Starbucks all over it twice, being caught in downpour at a street fair, as well as tossing it around- and it is PRISTINE. I just wiped off the coffee with damp microfiber towel...not so much as a speck on it. I normally baby my bags, and my green lamb mini is absurdly fragile, practically got scratches just looking at it and I have used 2 times, both for 2 hour intervals. I am very happy with soft caviar.
ETA, however, none of my bags have any creases- OP that is unacceptable, IMO

Do you mean when the flap is closed, the leather will look wrinkled just like the 4th pic?? or just a crease?? Now, I'm a bit bothered.... please explain.

It won't look wrinkled like when it's open, but lamb bags can get a fine crease that goes across the back of the flap. It's not obvious when just looking at the bag from afar but it is definitely there. It doesn't bother me because it is just a function of the softer leather (which I love!) and the mechanical motion of the flap but it sounds as if could be a concern for you.