Another Regan in Black Crackle

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
This one is in black crackled leather. The hardware is both black and gunmetal. The gunmetal hardware (the studs) is metal and the black is made out of plastic. There is lots of black on the feet, on the zipper pull in the rear, the handle attachments, the long strap dogleash clip and the long strap buckle.

I really like this bag, however, I don't think it is worth what I paid. With sale and not tax was around $250 but I feel like this bag is worth $150. It reminds me of an Elliott Lucca back I saw in Nordstroms last season. For my personal taste, RM bags in medium size have been heavy. But this is super light weight, I guess there is a tradeoff. Unlike the Aubergine, the logo on front is imprinted and I feel it could rub off

What do you ladies think? Took lots of pics since there is not any pics of this bag in this color (that I have found) and black is so hard to photograph Bottom photo with flash

Attachments

• RM Front.jpg
    RM Front.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 792
  • RM handles.jpg
    RM handles.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 776
  • RM back.jpg
    RM back.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 775
  • RM Flash.jpg
    RM Flash.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 773
I like it, light weight is very important to me :smile: I'm not one to be fussed too much about longevity though as I believe my bags are there for me to use and not baby and since I have about a dozen bags to rotate but it depends if you're not happy with it return it for something you're happy with, the bag is there to make u happy first and foremost :smile:

also like to add though that even though I don't baby my bags they are mostly in amazing condition since I have a fairly tame lifestyle - with the exception of 2 bags Julian backpack & tri zip mac both in black pebbled leather with hexagonal lining the leather has rubbed off In spots - but all other style rm bags I own and have owned have held up well (bowery, moto Hudson, mini 5 zip, may tote, mab, love, amorous, sloanne. ..)

This one has the Bal look but yeah, not sure why they would cheap out on the nameplate hardware. If you ask me, it doesnt quite compare with the aubergine nubuck version. That one really is gorgeous.

I just saw one of these at the Rack and I thought it looked too much like a cheap knock-off of the Bal city bag. Of course it was in a very light tan color so that didn't help (not a fan of lighter bags).
I've never owned a RM so can't speak to the quality but it just didn't look right to me.

I decided to keep this bag. Even though I feel the quality is lacking because I don't find many black bags that I like. I wanted something more bohemian looking than dressy. Had to put in effort to make this work. Without a purse organizer the bag falls over. So I bought one from Amazon called Pursefection and it seems to keep it from doing that. Plus I really love this Coach Multi-Feather Charm and thinks it looks great on the bag. Hope I don't end up regretting it. Here are some updated pics with the organizer and charm

Attachments

• RM Regan 1.JPG
    RM Regan 1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 510
  • Purse Organizer.JPG
    Purse Organizer.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 501
  • RM Regan Feather.JPG
    RM Regan Feather.JPG
    985 KB · Views: 494
I decided to keep this bag. Even though I feel the quality is lacking because I don't find many black bags that I like. I wanted something more bohemian looking than dressy. Had to put in effort to make this work. Without a purse organizer the bag falls over. So I bought one from Amazon called Pursefection and it seems to keep it from doing that. Plus I really love this Coach Multi-Feather Charm and thinks it looks great on the bag. Hope I don't end up regretting it. Here are some updated pics with the organizer and charm

It looks like a nice bag - enjoy! :smile: