Another reason to put protectant on your bag!!!

I was frantically reading your story and am SO glad everything worked out. I use AG Protectant Spray on my bags and try to respray them every month. I am always worried about something (even small) happening to my bags. I would have reacted just like you and I would have probably started crying.

omg! I know your reaction mightve seemed extreme but I know for a fact that if that where me I wouldve done the same thing, maybe worse. I am SO glad that your bag is ok and that everything turned out well in the end. SWIFFER SUCKS!! hehe. I need to treat my lovelies as well.. just got my AG in the mail today and I think I'm going to start looking into a purse hangey thing for the restaurants. Wake up call!

You know- that is exactly why I'm not so quick to use my newer bags, BBags or otherwise. I have had a fit when something spills on them ( 3 kids and 3 dogs here!). I was afraid to pre-treat them. I was sure I would mess up using the stuff and turn the bags a different color or texture.
Is the pre-treatment a spray? I know a lot of PF'ers use Lubriderm on their bags but I could never imagine rubbing that stuff into a brand new bag. It just seems so strange to me.
Well I am going to try this pre-treatment because I am a Klutz with a lot of little messy hands and paws surrounding me.
So... thanks for sharing!

Yep...you just never know when something crazy like that is going to happen. I am always very careful where I put my bags (always use a purse hook at restaurants and normally cover them with a napkin too) and I never put them on the floor. But, obviously stuff happens...better to be prepared just in case. Does anyone know how often you should reapply these products? I've never really thought about it until now. :s

It's a good thing you listened to your mother and used protection!! :roflmfao::roflmfao:

Oh my gosh! How awful. I'm glad your poor Twiggy is OK. Good job you for pulling it together in the store. I would have still been freaking out even after the question about the leather treatment. I will take this cautionary tale to heart though! I did finally order LMB and Applegarde, both arrived this week, but I hadn't used them yet. I'll do that right away this weekend.

phew, thank goodness for the protectant! and really quick thinking on your part to race to the paper towel aisle, I'd probably be trying miserably to clean up what I can with my little packet of tissue paper!

Yikes! What a scare!! My heart was racing just reading your story. Thank the universe it all turned out OK! Protecting my bags is something that's been bouncing back and forth in my mind lately. Thank you for sharing.