Another reason to become an SA....

purchase date was back in feb, and I think the ebay seller is not the SA himself but a consignment store
maybe the SA doesn't work for lv anymore..
possibilities are endless..
anyways, what a huge discount..must be nice

Well I know a LV SA that makes $18/hr and she was under the old hennessy contract that pays more. The newer ones make even less. I was also told that the damage ones she gets 30% off but there are never anything good left over after corporate goes thru it. On regular new stuff they get about 15% off and this is confirmed by seeing her reciept on a speedy purchase. For me I rather work else where and make 6 firgures and get 20% using dealpass.com Giftcards purchase for Macy's to buy LV bags or better yet have my BF pay for it and don't care of the price. LOL.

That is prolly a birthday discount for their employees... :shrugs: plus the SA must have been an employee at that particular boutique for so many years that's why he/she got that ginormous discount. (I'm SOOO JEALOUS!!! :hysteric:)

Yah, but the problem is that you don't always get what you want. I was told that you can't just go in to LV and use your discount. Certain bags are released to sell and it gets offered to the top honcho's then works it's way down to the SA's. By the time it's your turn, you may not like what's left. Plus I've seen too many times how some customers can be really snooty and rude. I dunno if I can deal with them without wanting to smack them with a bag.

Hahaha, kuuipo627, agreed with you on the last part. :roflmfao: Being in the front line is a really tough job, requires lots of patience. This is base on my own past experiences. Therefore, all the more I appreciate when I meet one (be it LV SA or some other sales assistants), who is patience, professional, and friendly enough. But sad to say, it is very rare. :sad:

That would be awesome, but I have heard that these discounts are never as great as we think they are. Of course, any discount is a help, but maybe this was a special case. 85% seems too good to be true.

They're not supposed to but it doesn't they don't- and if the receipt was fake why would they put an employee discount on it, effective de-valuing their own product? If it is fake it's a pretty good one- on the right is my own receipt printed just a couple weeks before the one in the auction:

There is software on the internet that can duplicate an exact LV receipt. It was for sale all the time on iOffer.

Whether or not it's true about this purchase IDK?

The biggest discount that an SA can receive is 50% off past season items. I am 100% sure of this. And they have a "cap" of sorts determining how much they can purchase.