Another peddler BUSTED with fakes!!

Punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime... $2K restitution for hundreds of thousands of dollars in fakes??? No wonder they don't think twice about doing it... By the time they are caught, they have made enough to make the penalties inconsecuential.

Article: The 38-year-old Rockville man was granted a probation before judgement, ordered to pay $2,724 in restitution and placed on two years probation.

Punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime... $2K restitution for hundreds of thousands of dollars in fakes??? No wonder they don't think twice about doing it... By the time they are caught, they have made enough to make the penalties inconsecuential.

I agree! I liked reading this part:

The store's inventory came to light with the help of a shopper, according to Logue. The shopper called Coach, who in turn called Logue, who in turn called county police and ICE.

We can make a difference!

This reminds me that I had contacted Coach about a salon in my small town selling fake Coach. I've been meaning to walk by and see if the stuff is still in there. Coach had responded to me that they would look into it.

This is also reminds me of how mad I was last week when I was at a so-called strawberry festival and was quite PO'd to get there and see that all the festival consisted of was booths with fake Coach, PRada, etc., and fried foods. Cops were walking right past the booths not doing a thing. I didn't get it!

My husband wont let me near the (thankfully, ONE) table at the Flea Market with the old lady selling dusty old counterfeits.
He knows how upset it makes me... hahaahh!!
It makes my blood boil...

I'm glad something was done. In a mall that I go to, there is a huge stand in the middle of the mall selling fake coach purses, and also a store with them in it. I wish they would get shut down and in trouble for it too. It makes me so mad, especially when a girl (usually at my school) has a fake purse and truly believes that it is real (even when Coach did not ever make that style lol) because her "mom bought it at a purse party" uugh like no, and the man you bought your Coach and Louis Vuitton from in the back alley for a 2 for $50 deal was not selling legitimate purses!! :wacko:

It's great they shut down this store but in the end, it's a neverending battle against counterfeits. As long as there are buyers, there will always be sellers because no buyers mean no sellers (it's not profitable anymore). It's the potential buyers that need to change their attitude and beliefs regarding counterfeit merchandise but then it would mean a major shift in spending habits as well.

I'm glad to see that Coach took the call from a shopper seriously - this means it doesn't fall on deaf ears!