another OTK boot dilemma

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi everyone! i've been lusting after OTK boots and these are just barely there.

[​IMG]

they're by Bakers and are $110. my question is, i need new UGGs (which would be what, $140?). mine are ruined, have a hole, and i just don't wear them anymore. which one should i get? these GORGEOUS boots :shame: or be practical and get UGGs?

as for what i wear, either or would be fine for me. i often wear sweats (hence a need for UGGs) and am in school still. but out of school and when i feel not lazy i wear mostly leggings/skinnys so the boots would work with that too. and i own alot of sweater dresses.

i've been wearing last years knee high (more like under the knee) boots and since they're not leather they're beginning to peel. either or, i need new boots. what should i get? OTK boots? or UGGs?

2. I personally think Uggs are UGGLY and overpriced, so I would pick nice leather boots anyday.

3. :lol: i like your play on the name.... i sort of think they're ugly too but they are so comfortable and easy to wear, so that's why they're a choice. but they are overpriced :tdown:

what are you opinions on those boots?

4. i would also pick the leather OTK boots you posted. i love OTK and uggs but if you can only have one...i'd pick something more classic.

5. do you guys think OTK boots are too trendy?

6. piggy votes boots!!!

bootsbootsboots . . . .

BOOTS! \(^(oo)^)/

so . . . boots it is? excellent, excellent, piggy approves (^(oo)^)v

hehe ;)

7. ^lol, piggy :P

i think i am leaning towards the boots right now. i can't stop thinking about them!

8. I always try to remember that in dress, as in life, the easy, comfortable choice often proves less than ideal upon further reflection (^(oo)^)v

9. I do like those boots (and am not a fan of UGGs), but I feel like OTK are very trendy. So if you can't spring for both, I'd get the one you're sure you'd wear more.

10. ^are you trying to completely convince me to get the boots piggy? :P if so, you're doing a great job :graucho:

girlice -- that's one thing that kinda makes me not want them. but these can fold over so then they'd just be knee high boots. does that make a difference?

11. that, my dear, is a sure sign of a wise purchase which will see frequent use! b(^(oo)^)d

12. oh most definitely! you should know by now that i'm not one for subterfuge - so, have you bought the boots yet? I got my first pair of OTK boots 10 years ago - I find them to be somewhat timeless, IPHO (^(oo)^)v

think of it this way - the boots might sell out! but if you order them and change your mind, rest assured, there will still be zillions of those . . . woolly things . . . available for purchase later

13. :graucho: haven't bought them yet, but will definitely head to the mall to get them as soon as i muster the funds :P

14. how long have you had the uggs? i had a problem with mine they were maybe a few months old and the sole started to rip. I called them and they replaced them.

15. ^i've had mine for years. literally. i don't think they'll replace mine :P (it'd be nice though)