another one of my "would you prefer"--which gray?

kitchty22

Apr 9, 2008
I think I am going crazy with buying chanel....I promise this will be my last one, till I get a real job.

Gray reissue 226 (fw 08) or Gray timeless classic med/large flap? (I am talking about the fw08 classic flap with bright silver hw, not the prefall )

(So it turns out I am buying myself one metallic reissue and one gray bag--either of these)

So which one? let me know. Love you all--seriously :smile::heart:

I prefer the gray reissue because I like the distressed look and the reissue looks very modern. I also have the classic flaps, which is why i would want something different. If you are already getting a metallic reissue, you might want to get the classic flap for a different look. But if you really want the distressed grey leather, i say get the reissue!

Are these the two you are considering? One is the 227 and the other a jumbo. I posted a similar question a month ago!

Attachments

• GreyReissue.jpg
    GreyReissue.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 73
  • GreyJumbo.jpg
    GreyJumbo.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 83
They are both beautiful bags, but I think I prefer the reissue. The classic flap is lambskin which you will have to be baby a bit more. But, you can't go wrong with either bag...they are both gorgeous! :smile:

Hi SandySandiego...looked your thread up. You were asking about the gst VS classic gray and the thread just became about reissue vs classic later. I did not find enough opinions in that thread.

....hoping more people will chime in. Bump!!!

thank you for all opinions! I have decided to get a gray reissue and will be closely watching ebay to get another bag will the original chanel hw....

...I come to realize I actually don't dig the new hw either but consider buying because I like the color. I guess I am afraid gray classic with original hw will never show up on ebay again and I will not be able to get anything....(I mean, settling for almost perfect gray flap seems better than nothing at all--but I know you guys will tell me not to settle. Somehow it is really hard to fight the fear and the urge to fill the void---"maybe the perfect one will never show up so I should just settle for something that is almost perfect."

And by "gray classic with original hw" I mean the old hw gray that came out a few years ago...it has bijoux chain. So my resolution now is to get the gray reissue, keep watching ebay for that gray classic, and FORGET about the fall 08 classic flap in gray.

OMG!! I love the classic flap. have you seen the reissue in person? it does not feel nearly as good as the classic flap AND the gray is really dull. Definitely get the classic. but I cant be mad at you if you get the reissue, because both are truly beautiful. the classic is just so much nicer in my opinion.