another one has been assimilated...

Janos614 said:
That's awesome. Will he be allowed to take it to school?

Good question. On one hand, I'm a firm believer in using and enjoying LV as much as possible - there's no point in having something that sits in the closet, if you're too afraid to use it. On the other hand, he is a teenager, and he's pretty responsible most of the time -- but of course, not always.

I think my answer would be yes, with a massive disclaimer: "You can take this to school, but if you lose it, it will NOT be replaced." He's old enough to understand that.

prada said:
well then better take him to a store nearest you cause you want his 1st LV experience to be memorable dont you?

Decades have passed and I still remember mine vividly :tender:

I AGREE!!! If you're going to buy him something, you have to take him to the store so he can have the whole experience! The first LV trip/purchase HAS to be memorable!:smile:

Lol! Becareful, my oldest son (who just went off to college) started out shopping with me, and now he is hooked too!

He got a wallet for his 17th birthday and an ipod holder for graduation...both times he went and picked them out.

He really wanted a pair of shoes last time we were there, but I veto'ed that as he is horrid on shoes.

He wants (and ssshh) is getting a damier bastille for his 18th is a few months.

how about getting him a Monogram Pochette Cles for the mean time? see how that one goes... and if it ends up with the wash, i don't think it'll suffer too much. just an idea.

No fakes. If you take him to the boutique and make a really big deal out of it, can you imagine how that will shape his future and young 13 year old mind??? wow. If anyone did that for me when I was 13, i would never ever forget it... it will be one of those forever memories...

deluxeduck said:
how about getting him a Monogram Pochette Cles for the mean time? see how that one goes... and if it ends up with the wash, i don't think it'll suffer too much. just an idea.

That's a good idea, but he's even worse about keys than he is with wallets. I find his housekey in the strangest places!;)

msbroberts said:
Lol! Becareful, my oldest son (who just went off to college) started out shopping with me, and now he is hooked too!

He got a wallet for his 17th birthday and an ipod holder for graduation...both times he went and picked them out.

He really wanted a pair of shoes last time we were there, but I veto'ed that as he is horrid on shoes.

He wants (and ssshh) is getting a damier bastille for his 18th is a few months.
I know, I have the feeling I'm creating a monster. But he's a Scorpio, so he's already predisposed to enjoying the finer things in life! :yes: You gotta go with Mother Nature, not fight against her. :angel:

hippiechic said:
Good question. On one hand, I'm a firm believer in using and enjoying LV as much as possible - there's no point in having something that sits in the closet, if you're too afraid to use it. On the other hand, he is a teenager, and he's pretty responsible most of the time -- but of course, not always.

I think my answer would be yes, with a massive disclaimer: "You can take this to school, but if you lose it, it will NOT be replaced." He's old enough to understand that.

That's excellent- firm, but fair! I don't have kids, but I'd want to impose a similar rule when/if they ever wanted an LV item.

I also agree that you should take him to the LV store as a fantastic first experience and memory... It will also excite him enough to treasure the wallet and do anything in his power not to lose it!