Another 'nude' question! Did I pick the right color?

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
I'm feel like the annoying newbie here - I need someone to hold my hand though my first purchase :wondering I just want my first purchase to be perfect - the perfect shoes, the perfect fit, the perfect color....This is a big deal to me and I'm so excited to have found this forum with all you knowledgeable gals to guide me! THANK YOU.

I've been here the last 2-days going over this forum, searching through all the photo's of your nude pump - 2nd guessing myself, reconfirming, then 2nd guessing my choice again. I've asked my husbands opinion, my co-workers, the Saks SA...but I feel like I will only get an honest opinion from this forum - from gals who know...

I went looking for the perfect nude pumps. I thought Brian Atwood fit the bill until the SA brought me the Louboutin's Decollete 868 in camel! The color seemed perfect for me! So I bought them - w/o any prior knowledge of Louboutin's, other than perusing your lovely pics every once-n-awhile, dreaming about having a pair one day.

Do you think the patent camel is my nude or do you think that 'nude' is a better match for me? I'm half spanish but when I'm not tanning, my color is very light - not cool tone, but neutral. I would compare my skin color to that of Salma Hayek's. I have dark hair and green eyes and tan very easliy.

The nude color is so beautiful and it seems that more of you prefer nude to camel.

Here's some pics of my camel patent with and without flash. I know these pics are the best but I was in a hurry trying to get out the door this morning.

11tsbbk.jpg

2qulr0z.jpg

2upppug.jpg

I love camel! I think they look great on you. I like the pinkish nude too and I really think either would work.

The camel is a great neutral.

I think with your skin color, which could wear either, its just personal choice.

I agree that the camel is definitely closer to your "nude"....the actual CL nude is much more pinky but would still look good even though it would contrast more with your skin. I am 100% Italian and I have olive skin. I consider the camel my true nude but I also have actual nude as well.

Thank you all, ladies!!

You are right-on about the patent camel! I went to Saks during my lunch break and I tried on a nude CL and it was more pink on me than I expected! I could wear it, but I think my skin tone looks better with the warmer camel! I made the right choice and now I can breathe a sigh of relief!

:happydance: