Another newbie question- is this normal?

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Houston, TX
You've all been so helpful - I appreciate all your comments and feedback!

Now I have another question...

So I'm sitting here in my new patent decollete's and OMG - they are so painful! My pinky toe feels like it's one toe too many! It's all squished up and going numb...this isn't normal, is it??

The shoe length is fine but it's the dang toe box is so narrow and uncomfortable! I didn't expect this....

Please, share your advice. Will it just take time for the toe box to stretch (patent) or could this just be the wrong style for me all together?
I have a small bunions on both feet - I bet that has a bit to do with it :shame:

Okay, wiggling my toes and my big toe is a numb too...Oh goodness!!! I really want these shoes to work but I can't help but think that this shouldn't be this difficult!

Ugh!!

JuneHawk

Let's get some shoes
O.G.
May 10, 2007
Sounds right for Decolletes! Which is why I don't wear them and will not buy any more.

ETA: As a wise TPFer said once....you don't break patent in, patent breaks YOU in!

ChiSq

Jul 6, 2009
I think you should try the sock trick (I believe that someone in your other thread recommended it also). It really works. I have a pair of Manolo mary janes that were killing my feet (too tight around the toe box), but my BF told me to put on my thick running socks with these shoes. So I did some stuff on the computer (at home) while wearing them for a few hours. I took the socks off when my feet started hurting. But the next day my shoes were noticibly roomier in the front.

I think your feet will feel very squished with the socks and the shoes, esp if the toe box is already tight. By the way, my manoloes are patent, too. If you don't feel like it has worked the first time, do this for a few nights around the house. I think it will get better.

Hope this helps!!

5981kristin

Feb 9, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I feel your pain (literally). I got a pair of VP's that were quite literally 2 sizes too small for me...like the saying goes, beauty is pain, and I was insistent on cramming my feet into them! Anyways, my friends mom suggested going to a cobbler shop and getting this spray that helps stretch shoes out. They can also stretch shoes out for you there. I used the spray and after weeks of dousing them with the spray, putting on socks and painfully wearing them around the house, they finally fit comfortably. I'd look into the shoe stretching spray and just trying to slowly breaking them in. Like the wise Victoria Beckham once said, she never passes up a good deal on shoes, whether they fit or not she makes it work!

jaszmine

Life is sweet
Dec 29, 2008
Sock trick.
Cut off the toe of a sock so you are just stretching the toe box and not the whole shoe.
For Decolettes I have to do the gradual sock trick. Start off with a thin pair of socks and work your way up gradually to thicker pairs until you can get the toe box stretched to fit your foot.

You may have to do this over a couple of weeks depending on how much stretch you need.

Good luck!!

lawgirl78

Nov 3, 2008
New York, NY
You can try stretching them out, some pairs have definitely done that for me. But like laureen and june pointed out, some styles are just not comfortable for some people's feet. I desperately wanted my rolandos to fit, but no matter how long I wore them, they were just too painful (like my toes were folded in half).
The decollettes and declics I've found relatively easy to wear with very little breaking in.
Good luck! I love the camel decolletes so I really hope you can make them work!

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Houston, TX
Thank you all so much for your response! I feel so much better, really. I've been stressing aobut these shoes since I purchased them. I just want them to be perfect, especially since they are my first CL purchase!

I'm so thankful to have found this forum! [B]YOU GALS ROCK![/B]

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
i find the decolletes to be very comfortable after a few wears... they break in to mold to your foot... well, my foot at least... probably my favorite closed toe pump

don't give up on them yet!!!

jaszmine

Life is sweet
Dec 29, 2008
Yes, for those of us who can't wear Decolette's straight from the box, don't give up!! I'm so glad I didn't.

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Houston, TX
You gals are getting me all excited!!! I'm sitting here at work with them on my feet as I type. Every once in a while I take a stroll around carpeted part of my office!

I did expect comfort right out of the box but I'm happy to know that this is normal and that they will give.

JuneHawk - your comment cracked me up!