another new YSL tote

Jill D.C. said:
Well Golden, you haven't "missed out" yet, in case you change your mind. The bag hasn't shipped yet to the YSLs in NYC or Washington. The Washington SA told me its a fall/winter bag, not pre-fall, so it may not arrive for another month or so. Also, its going to be available in a small size (I think for $1295) and a large size ($1495).

Here's a pic of a white one from the Saks site (which shows the bag with a strap) ...

I think it looks better in that pic... slouchier looking and the strap with it is NICE! Oh well,,, no matter because I already blew my YSL Fall funds on the Red one and that baby is not going back (heehee). I'll live the new YSL tote style through you if you decide to get one!! :biggrin:

Goldensx5 said:
I'll live the new YSL tote style through you if you decide to get one!! :biggrin:

I think I'm gonna go for it, once I see it in person!

One thing I like about YSLs is that the prices are still somewhat "reasonable" (hah!)--under $1500--unlike many other high-end bags whose prices have really soared, over $2000.

Jill D.C. said:
I think I'm gonna go for it, once I see it in person!

One thing I like about YSLs is that the prices are still somewhat "reasonable" (hah!)--under $1500--unlike many other high-end bags whose prices have really soared, over $2000.

I'm excited for you! Which color are you thinking about or are you undecided and will decide once there? I couldn't agree with you more about price on these bags. You get a beautiful, well made and classic bag with gorgeous leather at a pretty fantastic price when you consider many of the other designer bags and their prices. :smile:

^^^My thoughts exactly on YSL quality/price/classic styles!

If I get it, it will be in black. I'm in the market for a big black work tote. I've got numerous smaller and mid-sized black bags, but not a big one. From what I can tell on the Saks web site, the size of this in Large is comparable to the Oversize Muse. And big bags are really in for fall!

I just love the slouchy, glam-yet-schoolboy-tote look of this one. I like the strap too.

I like the black bag...I wonder about dimensions of the shoulder strap drop... My "rule" for work bags is that I must have the option of wearing it with a jacket (means a drop of 8.5" or so minimum)...

Just wondering, but is this the Rive Gauche Zip Tote? Or is this a totally different tote bag altogether?

Cos I saw the Zip Tote in a magazine, and I'm soooo crazy about it! :girlsigh: