another new bag!! Whiskey Leigh!!! except there are some pen marks.. help please

Apr 25, 2007
I just got a whiskey Leigh from *ebay today! Overall the bag is in good condition.. except some pens marks and that stupid sealant coming off this bag! Not disclosed BTW! :cursing:

I really don't want to go through the process of trying to return it because I love the leigh but I don't want to pay more for it.. all the ones on seem to be so expensive and this one was CHEAP compared to them.. soo is there any way to get pen marks out?

And if they can fix my clay gigi I might try to get this repaired too since the sealant is coming off in a few places. :sad:

2786917135_cbf4ec7f31.jpg

2787771666_7b309f51f9.jpg

2787771916_6f69d3df7f.jpg

You can kinda see where the seal has peeled off where the chain strap starts. There are other places as well.

2786917657_00062d574e.jpg

Modeling pic..
2786917003_28b0c2ec8d.jpg

Wow, I just wanted to comment on how clear your pics are. You are very good at it!
I have no advice on the bag, other than she is very pretty!
Maybe, I would email the seller and tell her how dissapointed you were upon receiving the bags with the marks that were not disclosed. Maybe you could get a partial refund? That is not right.

Love that bag!! Use tape and then use apple conditioner after lifting it off with tape. Someone posted that here before.
I was just going to say that. The tape method is a cool little trick. I used it once, and all of the color came off and I very loudly gasped...lol! But then I took my thumb and rubbed it and it looked perfect again. Really cool!

Wow, I just wanted to comment on how clear your pics are. You are very good at it!
I have no advice on the bag, other than she is very pretty!
Maybe, I would email the seller and tell her how dissapointed you were upon receiving the bags with the marks that were not disclosed. Maybe you could get a partial refund? That is not right.

Thanks! I am learning still :P

I am a little disappointed in the pen marks.. but she did say there were a couple of "marks" and stupid me did not ask if they were pen marks. :rolleyes:

I am more disappointed in the sealant though... it looks like this is happening to a lot of legacy bags. :sad:

Dealing on ebay is a headache because hardly no sellers come clean with detailed descriptions. I would show the seller your pictures and ask why she didn't disclose the peeling and why marks weren't called PEN marks, then try to return it. That's just me though.

I would email the seller and tell her you're a little disappointed because she didn't disclose about the sealant coming off. If she's a good seller, she will offer some kind of discount or partial refund. In regards to the pen marks, I would let them be. They really aren't very noticeable. Unless the tape method works well and there is no risk of damaging the leather more, then try it. Overall the bag is gorgeous. Great shade of whiskey and the patina is even. Definitely a keeper. That style looks good on you too. :tup:

Very nice purse. I don't think the pen is that noticeable. I had read in another post about using a baby wipe to remove the pen, but I would advise NOT to try that. It took the color off the leather on bag! :cursing: I tried to condition it afterwards hoping it would blend, but it didn't. I chose to leave it alone at that point. I wold maybe take it to Coach and see what they suggest.

Your pictures are fantastic and you are definetly a great photographer.Keep it up! I remember when I first got my Gucci tote and the sealent was coming off the the SA told me that it was supposed to do that. I don't know if that was true and he acted like it was no big deal.