Another Mulbery or a Radley?

fongchau

Mar 26, 2010
It's no secret that I've not been best pleased with Mulberry over the last year or so. A few things have interested me though. I'm lusting after the Lizzie and the Mitzy, but recently the Radley Grovsenor has looked appealing to me. Does anyone have any experience of Radley bags? The Grovsenor doesn't have the silly dog logo on which is a big plus for me. How do you ladies think it compares in terms of quality? Price wise it's a lot cheaper than Mulberry – but I still don't want to be paying fro rubbish.

I have a few Radleys. Quality wise I would say the bag your interested in is quite good. I am sure they use to make this bag with a purse which was attached to a leather strap but the new one don't have them. Look on ebay, there are usually a few for sale and you may be able to pick on up for less than the website. In my opinion the Mulberry bags are better but if you are looking for a day to day bag then this one is worth a look.

I thought I'd had it with Mulberry, although I'm sticking with my Mitzys which I love, I felt everything else was overpriced and I wasn't happy with the quality of the leathers. I've just checked out the coming soon section on the Mulberry website and I've fallen for Mila, Edie and Bella! Funds are tight with me so won't be buying. Sob sob, but glad to see Mulberry has its mojo back.

Some simple designs and natural leather. Yum!

I know the Radley bag you are talking about, it is lovely but I think I prefer the Mulberry .. however if you don't have the funds for a Mulberry it is a good plan B.

Will a Radley put a stop to your Mulberry lust? If no, I'd say wait and get the Mulberry, if yes, you have your answer =)

The Mitzy range is extremely user friendly, easy to use and robust leatherwise. Also, the oak is waterproof ;)

I know nothing about Radley bags, so can't help there!

Hi fongchau, I agree Radley is tempting. I had a bit of a blitz in the Radley summer sale oops! However 2 are hopefully leaving home soon having not been used. I'm planning to use another when I go back to work after my sick leave. I think they are pretty good bags, & I love the linings & the organisation. They are not just big empty spaces like say the bayswater or a4 tote. Also sometimes I feel a bit self conscious at work with a Mulberry, the Radley will be a bit more understated - if I remove the dog! The grosvenor looks nice to me!

I say go for the Radley, I have found myself starting to move away from Mulberry mainly because of their recent price increase and have "rediscovered" Radley. They have some great bags at the moment, at a fraction of the cost but of a very good (IMO) quality, a wider variety, the leather is great quality and are fab day bags which do not need so much baby-ing and I love how their purses match the bag range and all their other accessories too

I like Radley, too. I think it would be unfair to compare them side by side to Mulberry as they are not the same types of bags, or the same market. I have one or two Radley's and they are very nice quality in many imaginative styles, designs, and colours. :biggrin:

My day to day work bag is a Radley( mainly because it fits into my locker at work and has good internal pockets) I think they are v good quality for the price and i prefer some of the radley matte leathers to some of the new Mulberry leathers!!!
But i'd never choose a Radley over a Mulberry darwin bag!!!!

It's no secret that I've not been best pleased with Mulberry over the last year or so. A few things have interested me though. I'm lusting after the Lizzie and the Mitzy, but recently the Radley Grovsenor has looked appealing to me. Does anyone have any experience of Radley bags? The Grovsenor doesn't have the silly dog logo on which is a big plus for me. How do you ladies think it compares in terms of quality? Price wise it's a lot cheaper than Mulberry – but I still don't want to be paying fro rubbish.

I saw the word radley and thought :nuts:
But I have a grosvenor in oak it came from bicester outlet village cost 90.00 and I use it for my laptop, maybe if they might still have any available it would not put too much of a dent in the savings you could still have some pennies ready to start the mulberry fund again.