Another mini preston?

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
As I have posted previously, it turns out I really like my mini prestons --much more than I ever thought I would. They seem to be just the right size for my stuff. I have one in seamist and in ultranavy.

I just made a return on a more expensive bag that just wasn't working out for me. And though I don't *need* another bag, I really have my eye on the mandarin mini preston. It was on sale for $180 at Macy's but disappeared in that color since yesterday. I found it elsewhere for the same price. I am not in a hurry to get it, but I don't want to miss out on that color, specifically.

Is it completely crazy to get a 3rd bag of the same style?

jenn805

Oct 3, 2010
California
As I have posted previously, it turns out I really like my mini prestons --much more than I ever thought I would. They seem to be just the right size for my stuff. I have one in seamist and in ultranavy.

I just made a return on a more expensive bag that just wasn't working out for me. And though I don't *need* another bag, I really have my eye on the mandarin mini preston. It was on sale for $180 at Macy's but disappeared in that color since yesterday. I found it elsewhere for the same price. I am not in a hurry to get it, but I don't want to miss out on that color, specifically.

Not crazy at all, I have 5 phoebes:smile:

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
It might be crazy in the non-tpf world, but definitely not around here! Lol. Just look at the duffle clubhouse ;)

Oct 27, 2013
Canada
Nope, not crazy at all. Once you find a style that works for you, stick to it.
I found I love the Sophia style and have 4 of the regular sizes already.

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012

No, it is not crazy, expecially if your style tastes are limited, like me. I find too many styles are too large, too small, too many compartments, etc. so I'm limited as to what I find useful. So when I find one that REALLY works for me, like the Legacy east west duffle, I buy more than one.

Sarah03

Mar 2, 2013
SoFlo
No way, friend!! If the style is functional for you and you love it, go for it!! As Laura Tracy said on another thread, a girl can never have too much of something she loves :smile:

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
Thanks all! I think you hit on the main idea, in that I have found it difficult to find styles that "work". Sometimes they might "kind of work enough to keep", or you find they do not really work at all. The ones I tend to keep, and buy more than one of are also the ones that I will use for a longer period of time before switching bags.

With the upcoming changes with Coach, limited sales, etc, I am not confident I will be buying anything. I am not trying to hoard in the meantime, but I also don't want to regret letting a good item go at a great price, especially if what I have will be holding me over for a very long while.

Plus it was such a relief to return the more expensive one that I didn't plan to use much. I can get this one for half the price of that one, so that makes it feel a little better as well.

Nymeria1

May 17, 2014
New England

Not crazy at all if you love the bag. I have 5 Phoebes ( and may add another large, my favorite, since they're being discontinued), and 3 Sophia's ++ some other duplicates. :biggrin:

GA Peach

Sep 23, 2013
Atlanta
I say if the bag works for you, go for it! Mandarin is a pretty color coming from the lady with 7 Duffles, 5 Tanners, 4 Business Totes, and 3 Rorys! :lol:

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
Thanks for the enabling everyone :smile: I went ahead and ordered it. I don't think I will regret it, as when I ordered the 2nd one I loved it as much or more than the 1st one. Plus I seem to have a lot of grayish/brown/blue/green color bags, and not any in the warmer colors. Orange will fit in nicely!

Lurvebags

Jul 3, 2014

Not crazy at all. I do it all the time hahaha

Can you please post mod shots of your mini preston navy? I've been eyeing that bag 😊

letstalkbags

Sep 21, 2012
Thanks for the enabling everyone :smile: I went ahead and ordered it. I don't think I will regret it, as when I ordered the 2nd one I loved it as much or more than the 1st one. Plus I seem to have a lot of grayish/brown/blue/green color bags, and not any in the warmer colors. Orange will fit in nicely!
I think so too. Just got something in the mandarin and the color is beautiful imo.
I agree with others, if a bag works for you... buy how many you want !