Another Mahina question:

ilove2shop

O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Am loving the bag, but does anyone find that it becomes a bit of a "bottomless pit" as far as searching for your things inside of it goes? Thinking about the "L" size. Wondering if it becomes a search and also wondering if your things continually bunch up together in the middle. Thanks for your time ya'll!

This is probably the main reason I haven't taken the plunge for this bag. While I think it's absolutely stunning I'm afraid the constant digging around the bottom of it for something would drive me crazy. I do a pretty good job with keeping everything in different accessory bags with my current collection but even that becomes annoying at times mainly when I carry one of my speedys. I'm curious to see what the new style of Mahina looks like when it's released sometime this fall, it will be horizontal in shape vs what it is now so it may be more managable.

Maybe use one of the purse organizers out there? I have not used my Mahina but a few times so far, so I haven't tried it. oN other large bags, I put inside the organizer the few things I need to find/grab quickly (wallet, keys, Rx glasses or reading glasses, and then other things - sunnies in their cases, large makeup bag, etc.,'outside' the organizer to help keep a slouchy uneven shape, instead of the square organizer look. Those things are just as easy to find.

In many a bag, I find if I put too much 'inside' the organizer, it is just as difficult to find things as without one.

Although slouchy, the Mahina has a base. I have had no problems so far with my L - i just put in my essentials like wallet, phone, keys, sunglasses. There is a zipperd pocket too for easy access. HTH!

I have two Mahina Ls and I don't find that I lose my things. I keep my phone in the pocket and I have used a purse organized before. IMHO I think the L is the best size!

I have the XL and never really have a problem finding stuff inside. I don't keep loose items in my bag, everything is organized in my pochette cosmetique, cles, ... I keep my phone in the zipped pocket (leave it open tough). I carry a lot, but find everything 'by touch' :smile:
I don't have a purse organizer, but I would be a good option!

I don't have a Mahina or Surya, but I've had similar bags. I haven't had too many problems with the "bottomless pit" effect that these types of bags have. If you think it'll bother you, you can try to put things into smaller pouches/bags within that bag. I do that sometimes...

i haven't found my mahina L to be a bottomless pit. I keep things organized in my cosmetic case and pochette so I can access things easily and have not yet to had to dig around to find something.

It's no less organized than my other bags. Utilizing a cles for my keys, the pocket for my phone, and a cosmetic bag for things like lotion, lip gloss and perfume make a world of difference.