Another Kelly Question

My sellier in chevre is very soft and easy to get in and out - I think that's why I love it so much - it resembles the retourne in that it's soft, yet has the sellier look...but is not stiff...does that make sense??!!

:sos: hmm...looks like i have a question too. Why is it that sellier Kellys are harder to get in & out than retourne Kellys? My Kellys are all retourne so I have no user experience at all with sellier...
I think it is the way it is stitched but also probably the stiffness of the leather itself. My togo retourne is easier to get in and out of than my box retourne. My sellier is courchevel which I think is supposed to be similar to epsom.
I love the look of a sellier Kelly but for me it is not easy to use as an everyday bag. Visually a 32 sellier is a bit big on me. A 28 sellier would look better but I think it would not hold enough to be an everyday bag for me. Love the 28 retourne for everyday.

I think it is the way it is stitched but also probably the stiffness of the leather itself. My togo retourne is easier to get in and out of than my box retourne. My sellier is courchevel which I think is supposed to be similar to epsom.
I love the look of a sellier Kelly but for me it is not easy to use as an everyday bag. Visually a 32 sellier is a bit big on me. A 28 sellier would look better but I think it would not hold enough to be an everyday bag for me. Love the 28 retourne for everyday.

Thank you, Tamarind :flowers: I think I get what you're saying - the leather type plays a part, regardless of it being sellier or retourne.

from my experience of owning Chevre and Clemence (both Kelly 32 retourne), I find it easier to open and close my chevre retourne than the clemence retourne. With the chevre retourne, the straps sort of automatically slide itself when I open/close the Kelly - I don't really need to pull or tug at them at all. The clemence requires a little pulling of the straps to close the Kelly. It could be that chevre straps are a little stiffer & thinner than the straps on the clemence. Although the clemence requires a little more effort on my part, I do enjoy wearing her just as much as my chevre.

Thank you, Tamarind :flowers: I think I get what you're saying - the leather type plays a part, regardless of it being sellier or retourne.

from my experience of owning Chevre and Clemence (both Kelly 32 retourne), I find it easier to open and close my chevre retourne than the clemence retourne. With the chevre retourne, the straps sort of automatically slide itself when I open/close the Kelly - I don't really need to pull or tug at them at all. The clemence requires a little pulling of the straps to close the Kelly. It could be that chevre straps are a little stiffer & thinner than the straps on the clemence. Although the clemence requires a little more effort on my part, I do enjoy wearing her just as much as my chevre.

You are very welcome Gigi. I find it very interesting what you said about your chevre retourne. I don't have clemence or chevre, only box and togo. It's true I usually have to pull my togo straps a little to close the Kelly. I think I do this on my box too, though closing the box Kelly feels completely different from closing the togo Kelly somehow.
Have you tried a Kelly 28 retourne? I find it easier to close than my Kelly 32 retourne (also togo). Because the bag is more compact and usually has enough things in it to fill it up (my usual things are always swimming in my 32 which is not my everyday bag) it is easier to close.
I would love to try a chevre Kelly one day. I think I like chevre from every standpoint and have seen some really stunning chevre bags in different colors. The only thing I am unsure about is the spine thing which I know is what makes chevre special and beautiful to many. I've seen it in a gorgeous dark brown (ebene?) and the spine didn't bother me at all. I would have bought it on the spot but couldn't justify another brown Kelly. But one time I saw it in a lighter color and I didn't like it as much. So chevre may be better in a dark bag for me, but then I feel I already have all the dark colors I need. What color is your chevre Kelly?

Tamarind, thanks very much for your inputs! :smile: I've tried a Kelly 28 retourne but I find 32 retourne fits my lifestyle better. I tend to carry the kitchen sink so I always manage to fill up a 32 nicely. That said, I think I would love a dark color Kelly 28 for special evenings when I don't need to carry as much. maybe a sellier this time. my chevre is potiron. I'm one of those who find the spine on chevre a beautiful feature. If that doesn't bother you at all, I think all it takes is for you to see one in a color that you'll fall in love with :heart: :yes:

my chevre is potiron. I'm one of those who find the spine on chevre a beautiful feature. If that doesn't bother you at all, I think all it takes is for you to see one in a color that you'll fall in love with :heart: :yes:
My problem with the Kelly is I love them all generally, in any size or color or leather so I have to be careful and make good choices. I think potiron is beautiful in chevre. I've only seen it in the leather book but I remember thinking it's nicest in that leather.
Sounds like you would like a Kelly 28 for evening. If you don't carry much in the evening you might consider a 25 too. I love my Kelly 25 (in togo and retourne) and use it a lot for going out, sometimes during the day too but I tend not to carry much on me. At first I felt a little exposed, like it would be very risky not to have this and that with me, but then I got used to it and carried less and less. The 25 is very charming in size and I think it can be very dressy when hand held or very sporty when worn messenger style.

Tamarind, thanks very much for your inputs! :smile: I've tried a Kelly 28 retourne but I find 32 retourne fits my lifestyle better. I tend to carry the kitchen sink so I always manage to fill up a 32 nicely. That said, I think I would love a dark color Kelly 28 for special evenings when I don't need to carry as much. maybe a sellier this time. my chevre is potiron. I'm one of those who find the spine on chevre a beautiful feature. If that doesn't bother you at all, I think all it takes is for you to see one in a color that you'll fall in love with :heart: :yes:

me too, I am in love with Cherve as long as it is a spineless cherve :lol: I can totally see my -->
images
in the cherve leather