Another Hermes Birkin or a Bottega Cabat

Doloresmia, nice picture! I still lament that I missed out on the silver and black lizard cabat from a few seasons ago and the Ottone cabat...and I thought they were expensive at the time! :rolleyes: I agree, there's room for both Birkin and Cabat in one's collection, but like Hanyeu said, it has to be usable otherwise it's a waste.

oh, i forgot to add that as far as I know, the cabats in ANY COLOR, never goes on sale...
if they do anywhere in the world, let me know and I'll be the first in the queue! :nuts:

I love both and have both...not much help from here, sorry :love:

nice picture doloresmia :P we're cabat twins on this one, though mine's asian size

attachment.php

Doloresmia, nice picture! I still lament that I missed out on the silver and black lizard cabat from a few seasons ago and the Ottone cabat...and I thought they were expensive at the time! :rolleyes: I agree, there's room for both Birkin and Cabat in one's collection, but like Hanyeu said, it has to be usable otherwise it's a waste.

ouija board I missed that too, but it was quite the same price as croc Birkin then............

Birkin's more a city bag for me, I find cabat's less noticable thus less concern security-wise when take it travelling

i'm quite sure the cabat has gone on sale before.. my friend managed to snag one (it was a bright orange) on sale at the ny store. although it has been quite a few years since so maybe they don't go on sale anymore? would love to find one on sale though :smile:

ETA: get the cabat for wardrobe variety :smile:

I solved the problem by buying both. I rotate my bags often so I think there is a need for me to have different bags for different uses (work, meetings, shopping, get-togethers, etc.)

The cabat is beautifully made and ultimately, a no-fuss bag. The open top makes it easier to toss anything in, it can be worn on the shoulder, it's light as a feather, etc.

And with H, there's no turning back. You are forever bitten by the bug!

But if I were you, I'd probably get the cabat since you mentioned you've been buying nothing but H for the past three years. I think it's great you are branching out and looking to diversify your bag collection! :winkiss:

I hope you LOVE whatever you get!!

They are totally different bags, different styles, colours and feel so you can't really compare them in that way. I can't do the floppyness of the cabat, but I do like other BV styles. I am afraid all my stuff will fly out a few times a day if I were to use a cabat. I need the security of a birkin. The function factor decides.

Nope, the cabats never go on sale, not even the seasonal ones. They just get put in the back.

I have a medium cabat and birkin 35s. They are different and I love them both. The cabat holds a ton and when not so full, the sides push in so they tuck under the arms - good for securty concerns. It's light and easy to carry, even with full. The birkin is just a totally different look and use. I would go for the cabat if I was you, as it serves a different purpose than the birkins and Hermes does not really make anything comparable (and I have a garden party - don't consider them similar).

i have 3 cabats and no birkins but consider them very different bags. i love the cabat. it is totally open but i use pouches for my stuff. one comes attached to the cabat and one i attached so i feel my things are secure. i don't compulsively put my things away but i have the option. do they increase the cost and weight- yes- but it works for me and i love it. i use slg's with my h bags also.
i need a shoulder option and love the casual under the radar vibe of the cabat. they are both well made and high quality. is the h somewhat better- i don't know- but the quality is good enough for me.
both have lots of leather, color and size options.
i have been basically using my cabat every day for months.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• inside cabat 3.jpg
    inside cabat 3.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 589
  • grigio cabat_2.jpg
    grigio cabat_2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 474
I have both and since becoming a Birkin girl, my poor bottegas never get a look in. They are handy for wearing on the shoulder though. Similar usage though as far as I am concerned - the styles are not really that different to me as i tend to wear my birkin open.

This is the thing that irks me most with some brands. You paid full retail price for a bag and then it goes on sale.

Doloresmia is correct - the cabat never goes on sale.

FYI - the cabat is a beautiful bag and I think it would be a wonderful addition to your bag "wardrobe." What color are you thinking?

Ryan