Another "help me decide" thread!!!

HuntJumpSC

Carolina Girl
O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
Since I know you guys live for this stuff, and this will be my first "new" LV purchase, I'm gonna ask for the good, the bad and the ugly.

First of all, the brief history of what I currently own:
My first LV is a vintage monogram Petit Noe, made in '87. She is in excellent shape for her age, with a nice patina, no wear to the canvas, and only one water mark on the bottom. My next LV is a '92 monogram Speedy 30, in mint condition on the inside, normal wear & patina on the vachetta, and my favorite every day bag. My next LV is a black multicolore Wapity, in mint condition. Used mainly to protect my blinged out Razr, and to carry a lipgloss or small mirror. I also managed to secure an Aquarellle bandeau as well.

What I am thinking about:

I love my Speedy, and am wondering if I were to get another in Damier, should I choose another 30 or size down to the 25 for variety? Does the 25 get cramped for room? Also, would you go for Ebene or Azur? I love the look of the Azur and am not really worried about patina, since I'm an equestrian I love the look of aged leather. What might stop me from the Azur is the fact that I'm notorious for pen marks and such, I would hate to mess up the canvas. Of course, after looking at the Ebene, I'm drawn to it for the simple fact that it may hold up better.

I'm also considering a Neverfull PM or MM in Damier, or the Batignolles in mono. I'm not sure about the Neverfull top being so open., do things have a tendency to spill out easily? Also, how easy is it to carry on your shoulder? Does anyone like the look of the Batignolles?

Also, I'm torn between the Zippy coin purse and the mini pochette in Damier. Which color and what does each hold? Pros & Cons?

Thanks in advance!!! :graucho:

You have three great choices! Keep in mind that Batignolles comes in horizontal or vertical shape. I am actually looking into purchasing the damier NF GM! I think your choices are great either way I think you will be satisfied!

I would go with the Damier Ebony Speedy! I would not get a 25 though. I have a 25 and since have gotten an Azur 30 and the 25 feels too small to me now.

I'd also go with the mini pochette! I have the mini pochette accessories patch and love it! It's so cute!

Good luck deciding!

personally i like damier ebene... I have azur and had no problem with it but i cant use it in the rain. So I use ebene all the time

I have ebene and azur in 30 and if you dont mind paying for another 50 bucks or so then get 30. Its a perfect size

I would say the Damier ebene 30, saves worrying about pen marks and such, I think the 25 could get cramped! if you can get to a store try the ones your considering on put all your stuff in them and see which one fits you best! you may even get a totally different bag all together!

Thanks everyone for your input so far! I am weighing all of the opinions carefully, so that I will make the right decision. Unfortunately, the closest LV is the new boutique in Charleston, SC~ 90 minutes away. With a new baby in the house, I won't be able to get away to try bags until I actually go to purchase one. As soon as my credit card is paid off in the next month or so (had to buy a new laptop with it~ it stays paid off), then I will be treating myself to the two new LV items of my choice. I don't currently have horses otherwise I'd be spending my money on them, so for now, I'll enjoy some goodies.
I'm planning to list my black multi Wapity on Ebay. I'm not using it that much, except to hold my cell phone. Then I won't feel so guilty spending a little on myself, right? :sneaky: After all, hubby spends his money on bass fishing and deer hunting.
Keep the suggestions coming! I noticed everyone is telling me the mini pochette, and not the zippy coin wallet. Does the zippy not hold that much, or is the pochette just the better of the two?

Thanks again! I'm now leaning towards either a Neverful or another Speedy 30, in Damier. After thinking it over, I believe 25 would indeed be too small. After looking at the Batignolles, I'm not so sure about it either.

I think the Damier Neverful would be great for kind of an all purpose bag when I'm out with the baby, and the added bonus of being a shoulder bag. Currently I'm 160 lbs and 5'5" (I've lost 40 of my baby weight in 2 months and have another 20 to go)~ would the MM or the GM be better suited? I want something with plenty of room, but not so big that it's awkward. I could get that and a matching mini pochette for the inside and have a really cute matching set that would also be practical. What do ya'll think?