Another Goyard cracking...

Sorry to see that the quality continues to deteriorate on the bag. Re what Alizhan said, while the St. Louis cost half the price of the grand bleu, Goyard in its opinion will tell you that the leather on the bags are made through a natural process by hand and cracking is part of that natural process. (They have told me this multiple times.) I have seen cracked handles on the bellechasse and sac hardy on resale sites. The whole point of this is to say that overall regardless of what you spend on the bag imo Goyard has quality issues - whether that has gone downhill or not I can't say and would be interested to hear what other TPFrs think about the quality of Goyard over the years. For us newbies, it's been a disappointment and I'll never purchase another Goyard. Ever.

Sorry to see that the quality continues to deteriorate on the bag. Re what Alizhan said, while the St. Louis cost half the price of the grand bleu, Goyard in its opinion will tell you that the leather on the bags are made through a natural process by hand and cracking is part of that natural process. (They have told me this multiple times.) I have seen cracked handles on the bellechasse and sac hardy on resale sites. The whole point of this is to say that overall regardless of what you spend on the bag imo Goyard has quality issues - whether that has gone downhill or not I can't say and would be interested to hear what other TPFrs think about the quality of Goyard over the years. For us newbies, it's been a disappointment and I'll never purchase another Goyard. Ever.

I afraid my earlier message has been misinterpreted. I do not mean to say that less expensive goyard bags like saint louis is ok to have quality issue or do not last longer. I am saying purely for the material used for grand bleu vs saint Louis, it should not so susceptible to cracking

I understand from your separate thread that you are very disappointed with GoYard. I totally empathize with you.

I do not consider myself a goyard newbie. I owed several pieces and many of which are purchased years ago with no issue. While I am happy to see increasing popularity of this brand over the years, I am sad to hear increasing dissatisfaction regarding its quality.

My advice to the newbie - before buying goyard items, one has to be aware how delicate goyardine canvas generally is (by understanding the process of its making). It's not for the mass. It's definitely not like Vuitton canvas cos its construction is different. True Goyard Lovers will appreciate its history, construction and the natural wear and tear shown on vintages and older pieces. I always go for older piece whenever I see one in the boutique.

Again, I stress I am not trying to justify for the quality issues voiced out here.

This is my last response to this thread. Cheers.

Reactions: cap4life
My advice to the newbie - before buying goyard items, one has to be aware how delicate goyardine canvas generally is (by understanding the process of its making). It's not for the mass. It's definitely not like Vuitton canvas cos its construction is different. True Goyard Lovers will appreciate its history, construction and the natural wear and tear shown on vintages and older pieces. I always go for older piece whenever I see one in the boutique.
I have to object here a little bit, there is a difference between natural wear and tear and genuine design flaws or cheap design. There is nothing that can justify expensive bags going to pieces within a few weeks or months. You have to call it for what it is and that's crap quality and decieving customers.

Got this answer:

We thank you for your message.

We understand your concern.

In order to offer you our best service we recommend you to present your Grand Bleu for a quality control at the nearest boutique.

Please know that our team will require the following information, purchase name, date and place.

You will find our boutiques localizations on our website: http://www.goyard.com/en/store

Thanking you warmly, we remain with pleasure at your service for any further assistance you may need.

Best regards,

Got this answer:

We thank you for your message.

We understand your concern.

In order to offer you our best service we recommend you to present your Grand Bleu for a quality control at the nearest boutique.

Please know that our team will require the following information, purchase name, date and place.

You will find our boutiques localizations on our website: http://www.goyard.com/en/store

Thanking you warmly, we remain with pleasure at your service for any further assistance you may need.

Best regards,

Interesting response. Are you planning to take it to the store? I didn't have one near me and so I had to call the closest boutique to me and that's when I got push back. They didn't want to take it to inspect until I mentioned that I'd be litigating this through consumer protection agencies. Then corporate Goyard finally responded after being CC'd on communications with a us boutique. Looks like EU laws are stronger given this initial response.

Interesting response. Are you planning to take it to the store? I didn't have one near me and so I had to call the closest boutique to me and that's when I got push back. They didn't want to take it to inspect until I mentioned that I'd be litigating this through consumer protection agencies. Then corporate Goyard finally responded after being CC'd on communications with a us boutique. Looks like EU laws are stronger given this initial response.

Already booked FedEx for delivery in Paris tomorrow. According to European legislation Goyard also has to pay for the shipping costs front and back. Will pay now and ask the money back later.

Totally. Over here the consumers are well protected compare cross the pond.

Let us know the outcome!

Reactions: Shelly319
Got a call from Goyard today. They were very sorry about the issue, the bag is sent to the quality department and the lady was very service-minded and told me that they will take care of everything so that i´m happy. She told me that the bags are hand made and sometimes these quailty issues can occur (not sure i agree). However i should not worry and i will be fully compensated. Let´s see about that. To be continued with definitive answer in a week or two...

Nothing yet. The bag is at the quality department and the after sales person will get back to me as soon as possible.
I'd follow up if you don't hear back within a reasonable time frame. They told me it'd take up two months which I thought was too long. I emailed after a month for a status update and it just happened to be that they had completed the review. I wish you best of luck. Mine is hopefully on its way of being resolved.