Another gal with a possible Paddy regret...HELP

I found myself regretting not getting the creme instead of the whiskey ... but that faded sooner than i thought!! :smile: but i never regretted buying a paddington bag ... in any color .. it is amazing ... plus .. i usually take the lock off the bag if it is too heavy ... :smile: try that for a while and see ..

Thanks for your replies, everyone...I think I'll at least wait one more day and call Nordstrom like wickedassin suggests - I'd love to have this color in an Edith one day!

I'll probably return it, as many of you suggest, but I REALLY love the color - such a pretty grey/blue that is PERFECT with jeans.

As for my frenchie...that little fawn (just like yours, doulosforhim) guy is my mom's and his name is MoJo. Frenchies are great aren't they?!?! So are English too - marspalm...congrats on your pup!

Too funny, moe, as I mentioned, I'm having a mid-life crisis and had also bought (but already returned!) a black city - couldn't take the strings. The blue Paddy has me on the fence though. My recent Bbag return is why I'm a little embarrassed in front of my SA...I'm a good regular Chanel customer (5 bags, no returns) but this would be the second return in a month...and I must be able to confidently show my face in the Neiman's handbag department (although I know I shouldn't pay $1500 for the "priviledge") :P Ugh, I'll sleep on it one more day...

frenchiefan said:
Thanks for your replies, everyone...I think I'll at least wait one more day and call Nordstrom like wickedassin suggests - I'd love to have this color in an Edith one day!

I'll probably return it, as many of you suggest, but I REALLY love the color - such a pretty grey/blue that is PERFECT with jeans.

As for my frenchie...that little fawn (just like yours, doulosforhim) guy is my mom's and his name is MoJo. Frenchies are great aren't they?!?! So are English too - marspalm...congrats on your pup!

Too funny, moe, as I mentioned, I'm having a mid-life crisis and had also bought (but already returned!) a black city - couldn't take the strings. The blue Paddy has me on the fence though. My recent Bbag return is why I'm a little embarrassed in front of my SA...I'm a good regular Chanel customer (5 bags, no returns) but this would be the second return in a month...and I must be able to confidently show my face in the Neiman's handbag department (although I know I shouldn't pay $1500 for the "priviledge") :P Ugh, I'll sleep on it one more day...

heres a thought...return it at another NM that you know you might not go as frequent. or return it to another sa when ur sa is not in:idea:

marspalm said:
btw i loooove the frenchie picture... i think they are SO adorable but i just got an english bullie pup *frowns* no frenchie but he is adorable too and very sweet.

oh don't even give me that, english bulldogs are the best dogs on the face of the planet! (please see icon...she is The Cassie Mae).

pursedoc said:
check the NM website- there is a very nice tod's bag in the same color you may love more!

Hey - that's not bad!!! Thanks! :biggrin: I will check it out...that may solve my problem!

and if not...I had already thought of doulosforhim's suggestion (but there's not another nearby NM and the arrival of a returned blue Paddy may set off the lightbulb...)...we'll see!

Thanks much, everyone! :noworry:

doulosforhim said:
moe...i went through same thing with my b-bag. so i took it back.i hope i won't regret it later. but i thought if i was having so much second thoughts then...why keep it. got my first love instead, black spy bag.
i agree! i just returned both my twiggy and city bags and i feel great more money to spend on other bags! i don't think i'll regret it plus i really don't think b bags are that great. no offence to b bag lovers!!
i also love my cognac spy too!

I am glad to know that someone other than me had this problem. So what did you decide to do? I returned my blue Paddy after my husband and neighbors both said it wasn't me, and didn't look right. But I was really torn because I loved the color SO much. There will be a turquoise Edith coming out, and there is also a new grey larger Paddington bag but it still has the lock.

Attachments

• Chloe Compilation.jpeg
    Chloe Compilation.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 30
  • NAP Big Pocket.jpg
    NAP Big Pocket.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 28
I have been considering buying a Chloe, but I have heard so many complaints on weight. How much does it actually weigh and do you have to unlock the padlock everytime you want to get into your purse?

ranskimmie said:
I have been considering buying a Chloe, but I have heard so many complaints on weight. How much does it actually weigh and do you have to unlock the padlock everytime you want to get into your purse?

You don't have to unlock the padlock when trying to get into the bag. You can actually just hang the lock on the hook.

I carried this bag yesterday and what a surprise: It's much lighter then the old Paddy. Especially much lighter then the Tote Paddy which I had. Had the same problem: too heavy, then the lock broke :worried: (the key didn't come out, it was stuck in the lock) :cry: and even though I liked the style, I was unsure. The new style is so much more me :P ....just talked to the SA from Chloé. My new Paddy is on the way! Will have it on monday - yipppiiiiiii :love:

I had the same problem - finally got my paddy and couldn't stand the weight and the lock hanging there - soooo disappointing - I wanted so much to have one. But I finally returned it (after several sleepless nights) and haven't regretted it. I'm still looking for the perfect Chloe-bag, but at least I know I can justify buying it when I find it, as I don't have any unused paddys in my closet...

Frenchiefan, how did it go? What did you decide to do in the end? Did you find another bag you liked? I just wanna know if this has a happy ending and that you found something you really love or maybe you fell in love with the Paddy afterall? :smile:)