Another ebay disaster!

alison123

Mar 18, 2008
Sold a purple congo Bays on ebay and guess what ........? they haven't paid and won't respond to my emails. So I'm giving it to tommorrow and relisting I acnnot be bothered with waiting........this is the lat time I use Ebay!:sad:

How long ago did it sell? I always put on my auctions that payment must be received within 3 days of the end of the auction.

You can't report an unpaid item until 10 days after though.

Well purple congo sounds lovely so I'm sure you'll have no trouble reselling if it comes to that! Whats the feedback like? Sometimes people dont even realise they've won an item til they look at their email a few days after the end of the auction if theyre not online much, it might all turn out ok in the end!

Ebay is really giving me the fear at the moment - i've just sold a few old Radleys to finance my mulberry habit (!) - i just can't rest until I've heard from the buyers that all is OK. I'm amazed at how biased ebay is towards buyers now - it's as if they treat all sellers as corporate entities, not individuals just selling afew items they're clearing out. and don't get me started on the amount of fakes on there... really infuriating for those of us who are genuine.

You can file an unpaid item dispute after 7 days, so do that as soon as you can. Ebay will then contact your "buyer" and if there's no response after 7 days you can close the dispute and get your final value fees refunded.

I wouldn't recommend you relist it until you have recovered your final value fees. If you relist it without filing a unpaid item report and recovering your fees, and then the buyer pays you after you have relisted it, you will either have to refund the buyer, and if the buyer is not happy you risk a negative, or sell it to the original buyer, withdraw the listing and forfeit the relisting fees.