Another crazy customer

highrider9o9

Feb 24, 2014
I swear I must be a magnet, because once again today I went to visit my fp store to check out the last of the SAS to just make sure, just in case, their was nothing I had to have. In my store the sale walls are right next to the register, so I got to hear this conversation loud and clear. A woman today tried to return a woven maggie(It looked like from the corner of my eye) and when the AM asked if she ever used it she said yes but only a few times, and then the AM flipped the bag over and their was blue ink all over it, not to mention this was a white bag. When the AM told her she could not return it for those two reasons she absolutely lost it. Im in complete disbelief, at this point i'm not sure if the woman was making a scene hoping it would benefit her in the return or that she honest to god thought that she had a right to return this bag? It always pains me to see the fabulous people at my store get treated like that. I always have the urge to step in and say something, but I never know if its my place or if it is going to cause them more problems? Has anyone ever witnessed something like this and made a comment or stepped in?

If the SA was being threatened with physical harm or is being outright verbally abused and lots of profanity and insulting words were being tossed around, I would intervene. Otherwise, intervening might escillate the situation. She just hoped the SA would be too embarassed to say no to a return on a used purse. The SA knows part of her job is dealing with people like this and yes dealing with the general public can suck, especially the crazies. My experience is let the looney spew her venom, stay calm, and she'll go away.

I usually stay out of it as well for fear that it would make the situation worse. I worked in retail for years part time in high school and college and I still vividly remember some of the most in-nerving incidents.

I am always amazed that some people can be so nasty and rude and can find ways to justify their behavior.

I usually stay out of it as well for fear that it would make the situation worse. I worked in retail for years part time in high school and college and I still vividly remember some of the most in-nerving incidents.

I am always amazed that some people can be so nasty and rude and can find ways to justify their behavior.

HI~~
I am still in retail part time. All the "craziness" is still going on! People think that if they throw a fit and are rude = they will get their way! Unfortunately, they do get their way!!! Heaven forbid management stands up and tells the person to leave and never come back.
(at least at my store)

Lynne :biggrin:

I swear I must be a magnet, because once again today I went to visit my fp store to check out the last of the SAS to just make sure, just in case, their was nothing I had to have. In my store the sale walls are right next to the register, so I got to hear this conversation loud and clear. A woman today tried to return a woven maggie(It looked like from the corner of my eye) and when the AM asked if she ever used it she said yes but only a few times, and then the AM flipped the bag over and their was blue ink all over it, not to mention this was a white bag. When the AM told her she could not return it for those two reasons she absolutely lost it. Im in complete disbelief, at this point i'm not sure if the woman was making a scene hoping it would benefit her in the return or that she honest to god thought that she had a right to return this bag? It always pains me to see the fabulous people at my store get treated like that. I always have the urge to step in and say something, but I never know if its my place or if it is going to cause them more problems? Has anyone ever witnessed something like this and made a comment or stepped in?

Well??? Did she leave the store with the inked up bag or what? :graucho:

You'd be amazed what people try to return. I remember the old Customers Suck website. Some of the stories were insane. For example, a lady attempted to return several pairs of denim shorts that were ripped up the back and caked in manure. She said that the shorts didn't survive a full season of shoveling horse stalls, therefore she deserved a refund! Another example was a lawyer (!) who tried to return suits, ties, and shirts that were at least 10 years old. He wore these items to work for all those years, and then decided he might as well return them, because he was now retired and wouldn't need them anymore!