Another color question

candosha

O.G.
Jun 18, 2009
Dear friends,
I have a color question. I read in the referance section that ostrich leather comes in violine, raisin and cyclaman. I have seen the raisin & the cyclaman colors. I would like to ask about violine. Dose it really exist? if so, can any one post a picture? I actually asked my SA but he denied it ever existed. It that true? :shocked:
Your help is appreciated.

Dear friends,
I have a color question. I read in the referance section that ostrich leather comes in violine, raisin and cyclaman. I have seen the raisin & the cyclaman colors. I would like to ask about violine. Dose it really exist? if so, can any one post a picture? I actually asked my SA but he denied it ever existed. It that true? :shocked:
Your help is appreciated.

look in the purple/pink thread in the Reference Forum. I am pretty sure it's there

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-colors/purple-pink-color-family-pics-only-100919.html

It definitely exists. Maybe she only knows it as violet? You'd be surprised how many SAs out there don't know half as much as some of the wonderful ladies in here. Of course there are a few SAs who totally rock the information, but not all of them do.

Here's a pic from that thread

Credit: orchids

attachment.php

It definitely exists! I have one and it's my all time favorite. Most SAs call it Violet. But the official color name on the leather swatches read Violine. Maybe that is the confusion?

Dear IFFAH,
What is the difference between violette & violine? do you have a picture of violette ostrich? If you don't, can you describe it for me? is it lighter than violine ostrich? Is it still in production? I am slightly confused because my SA told me that there is just one purple color in ostrich & that is raisin.. Obviously he is wrong.

There is a violette ostrich. Violine is violine, violet is violette.

Thanks for the links IFFAH! I just went through the thread and it seems that Lilach said (post #39 sorry I don't know how to link it!) there were just Raisin and Violine ostrich in the violet color range. Then Raisin was discontinued as they came up with Prune. I don't think she mentioned Violette being an ostrich color. This is so confusing.