Another Classic before June 1st?

lexis.s

C. Lexis S.
Feb 20, 2011
I am thinking, again. Should i get one more Classics Jumbo before June 1st? FYI, i already brought 2 more Classic Jumbo these past week with couple more jewelries from the Chanel boutique.

The reason why i get 2 more jumbo the past week was the soon-coming-price-increase panic everybody here on the US soil. That so-called "motivation" drove me to the store to see if that's really the case.

And hell it was ... seems like the Chanel boutiques are all sold out, but they are actually holding off until June 1st so to bring their bags to the next level.
While my SA in the department store manage to get me jumbo.

If i have a chance i would normally go for another Jumbo but the thing is should i? Those 600 bucks more for a bag after June 1st is alot, but now i actually end up spending 8200 for 2 more bags, another 4100 if i'm gonna shoot for another one. Which, if i didn't know the "June 1st" in the first place, i wouldn't be spending at all.

Moreover, that "classic-panic" made me fell in love with couple more jewelries in the store... gesss ... that $600(x2) after increase actually wasn't that much consider i already spend way more than that.

Ladies please chip in your thoughts. Should i get another one or just settle for the many bags i have already own?

I know what you mean about the panic. I have been looking at chanel bags for some time since I was going to be buying my first chanel bag. So last weekend I bought the classic flap bag in black lambskin with the lion head clasp and the chevron quilt design because I thought it was unique. However I am kinda of thinking if for my first bag I should of bought a medium size classic flap purse with the CC's. But this weekend they were all sold out because of all this price increase hype and my SA said she would try to find a classic bag for me......But I am kinda of want others opinions on the lion head clasp classic bag versus the classic bag with the CC's. I found the picture of the bag with the lion clasp here in case you guys want a look at what I am talking about.....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/RomeoLovesRowena/BergdorfGoodman20/lionCC-1.gif

If you have the extra $$$ to get another and I would go for it.

Bagaddict4ever, waxx .... it's not like i don't have it, but i'm just considering should i put it in my rain fund instead. I'm torn between the buy and not buying. My DH actually think it is a little bit extravagant of me .... but if i keep resisting, he wouldn't say a word. *urgh

.....So last weekend I bought the classic flap bag in black lambskin with the lion head clasp and the chevron quilt design because I thought it was unique. .....

Corales, i know the bag you're talkin' about even if you didn't show me the picture. I went to the boutique on Saturday and my DH actually think the red with the lion head looks good. I think opposite. Not really a big fan of that design. I like the classics because it is classic, lol. years after years it still look fab. I like the lion head, just not with that bag/size/style i think. But if you really like it you should. U are the only one knows whether you truly love that bag or not.

BTW u want a classic flap? My SA, not in the Chanel boutique gonna have another round of new shipment come this coming week. PM me if u are interested.

I am kinda in the same boat as you lexis. As for me, I just barely got into Chanel and heard about the impending increase so I rushed out and bought my first Reissue. Love it so much that I would like to grab another Reissue before the 1st, if possible.

I say get the 3rd Jumbo if you were already planning on getting it, increase or not. Don't buy just because you know of the impending increase looming ahead.

Bagaddict4ever, waxx .... it's not like i don't have it, but i'm just considering should i put it in my rain fund instead. I'm torn between the buy and not buying. My DH actually think it is a little bit extravagant of me .... but if i keep resisting, he wouldn't say a word. *urgh

Corales, i know the bag you're talkin' about even if you didn't show me the picture. I went to the boutique on Saturday and my DH actually think the red with the lion head looks good. I think opposite. Not really a big fan of that design. I like the classics because it is classic, lol. years after years it still look fab. I like the lion head, just not with that bag/size/style i think. But if you really like it you should. U are the only one knows whether you truly love that bag or not.

BTW u want a classic flap? My SA, not in the Chanel boutique gonna have another round of new shipment come this coming week. PM me if u are interested.

I am a little bag obsessed and crazy so if would go for it. I think if you find a color you love and the size you love you should go for it. With the coming increase you will be saving money in the end lol :giggles:

I am kinda in the same boat as you lexis....
I say get the 3rd Jumbo if you were already planning on getting it, increase or not. Don't buy just because you know of the impending increase looming ahead.

Your Chanel is really nice right? Congratulation on getting your first! More to come!:P
I for myself are actually getting more just because of the price-increase! I added 2 more color on my existing collection this past week. I don't think I have any color on my mind now, just when the shipment came this week I will go take a look of that, and I will choose from that then. So I am not sure if it is a wise choice. or It is just my unconscious/unrealistic/excessive/addiction mind talking here.

I am a little bag obsessed and crazy so if would go for it. I think if you find a color you love and the size you love you should go for it. With the coming increase you will be saving money in the end lol :giggles:

Can totally tell from your screen name that you are addicted. I totally regret of getting that 3600+ LV earlier, it put me in such a miserable spot now! If I can find one, I think It might just be the regular beige color .... So ain't sure if I should pull the plug coz I actually don't need another one. It is just that $600 bugging me. Lol. I'm pathetic.

Your Chanel is really nice right? Congratulation on getting your first! More to come!:P
I for myself are actually getting more just because of the price-increase! I added 2 more color on my existing collection this past week. I don't think I have any color on my mind now, just when the shipment came this week I will go take a look of that, and I will choose from that then. So I am not sure if it is a wise choice. or It is just my unconscious/unrealistic/excessive/addiction mind talking here.

Thank you lexis. I love it so much that I regret not getting into Chanel sooner. Good luck and if you see something you like, go for it lexis!

Just want to share my most reason purchased. I think I gone nut with chanel before price increase. Just purchased 4 flap.

- Medium Blue double flap Patent - I feel this bag is too small for me.

- Jumbo Caviar Ivory single flap - bought from a friend - I am too scared using this bag. Afraid might get dirty due to the light color.

- Jumbo Dark Red Caviar double flap - Just pick her at from 2 day ago (Friday) from Neiman Marcus. Love love this bag.

- Jumbo Black caviar double flap -

All this purchased made me feel really guilty. Did I went nut because of the price increase????

Attachments

• phpBlBKBhPM.jpg
    phpBlBKBhPM.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 81
  • phpELjZDYPM.jpg
    phpELjZDYPM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 27710.jpg
    27710.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 27720.jpg
    27720.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 27740.jpg
    27740.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 114
Just want to share my most reason purchased. I think I gone nut with chanel before price increase. Just purchased 4 flap.

- Medium Blue double flap Patent - I feel this bag is too small for me.

- Jumbo Caviar Ivory single flap - bought from a friend - I am too scared using this bag. Afraid might get dirty due to the light color.

- Jumbo Dark Red Caviar double flap - Just pick her at from 2 day ago (Friday) from Neiman Marcus. Love love this bag.

- Jumbo Black caviar double flap -

All this purchased made me feel really guilty. Did I went nut because of the price increase????

I think these bags are beautiful and are classics. Since the price are going up, I think you made the right choice. I bought four jumbos this month too plus a GST on its way. I feel kinda bad for spending so much but it would be a saving when the price goes up in June.

Lexis, thanks for your input. Actually today my SA called me about the classic flap since she located one and will be going in on tuesday to check it out....I will make my decision then. By the way, I think you should save ur money and put in a the rainy fund : ) since you already have 2 jumbo classics. thats my 2 cents... I know this increase of prices is crazy but how about if you fall in love with a nonclassic bag later?