Another bag collaboration?

It will be kinda hard for me to buy HK , way past that *age* .. LOL ... Tokidoki is a lil different since it's LeSportsac and not many young tweens or kiddies can afford them, so it's more grown up? IDK if it makes sense but that's how I feel ..

xD haha i agree! there arent many 12 year old kids who can pay nearly 200 bucks for a Tokidoki bag.

i think there is a certain age for hello kitty :huh:; i mean you can be in your twenties and wear them if u really want. my aunt is like forty something and still buys stuff from Sanrio >_>;

I paid $350 for an 18k white gold & enamel Hello Kitty ring from Neiman's, so I guess I'm not too old for her at 32! I love KLSs Hello Kitty jewelry. You're never too old to be young at heart. Or that's the way I feel.

I like HK and all but I'm not sure if I'd buy much from this collaboration. If there are t-shirts then mayyybe but it depends how they look. Also if there is sterling silver jewelry then mayyybe but it also depends on how it looks :lol: But PLEASE ... no bags!!!! lol

OK, sorry but I don't see why you're getting so defensive about what a few of us said, xtina. We're saying that WE feel too old for it. We said nothing about YOU liking it. That was OUR opinion of it. Not all of us like the same stuff. And uhh yeah I'm sure most of us are aware of the fact that there are other toki bags besides lesportsac..and I even have one. But in my opinion tokidoki is a little more grownup than HK..but that's my opinion and I reserve the right to have an opinion and you can say what you want, but don't tell us how to feel about it or that we should think they're at the same level if we don't want to feel that way.

Like you...I have the right to my own opinion and as far as getting defensive, I was just saying that I don't feel like you can ever be too old for Hello Kitty. And as far as HK being less expensive that is not entirely true. Look at the Tarina Tarantion Pink Head Collection. So I think you are out of line by saying that I am "telling you how to feel". I was just pointing something out and making an opinion. That is what fourms are for right?

1. I never said someone can't have their own opinion about something. I just said don't tell me how to feel and don't make me feel like a bad person for thinking I'm too old for HK.
2. I never said HK was less expensive.
3. I was not talking about Tarino Tarantino or w/e the hell that is.

As for the rest, I actually don't care and now I'm going to stop replying in this thread because I am getting nothing out of it. And, don't feel like having a stupid little internet "fight" or "debate" because I have too much other crap to think about that is more important. Kbye.

I hope they won't...well idk if they do I probably won't buy it unless it's super cute cuz I really think I am just too old for little cutesy stuff like that already(tokidoki is cute, but not that kind of cute)...idk that is just me though.

UGH, I dont make sense.

I will carry sanrio and kawaii things into my senior years.... I love it too much:smile: I'd have some Kimora Lee Simmons HK bling if I could afford it. But honestly I have enough bags as it is. I'm excited for the jewelry.

I think by saying "I'm too old for HK" can come across as "liking HK at your age is childish". Not that anyone MEANS that, its perfectly acceptable to feel like youre too old for HK but you can kind of see where it could seem that way..

Sorry, I'm not very eloquent, hopefully you know what im saying. Anyways, I love HK at the ripe old age of 25 and am looking foward to this collabo.

Interesting comments! I guess I was wondering since I've just seen an explosion for Tokidoki it seems. I had seen it a while back, and only recently got some items, but it seems like it's really taking off from what I'm seeing, so I was wondering if Sanrio was going to try to ride that wave as far as bags are concerned.
From the comments (not to incite any drama), it seems there's some worry that Sanrio/Tokidoki bags may be a cheaper option, thus devaluing what everyone's bought from LeSportsac, kind of like when an expensive designer signs on with Target.
Personally, I'm not worried- I think the current bags will go through the roof for a while after the LeSportsac thing ends, and I think the long term quality is there on the LeSportsac bags. I'm just worried I'm not going to be able to get any Vacanze items, because by the Holidays, it'll be rough to find any Tokidoki/LeSportsac! I can't even get in on a Caramella! :crybaby:

I'm 27 and Sanrio is in my blood. I've said it in other threads before, I was born and raised in Japan so it was inevitable that I love Sanrio. I've loved it ever since I was a preschooler, being taken to the local Apple Apple shop by the Hachioji Nishi train station by my obaachan's house. I faithfully went to Apple Apple almost every time I visited my relatives. When I moved to the US, I'd visit Japan every three years and would go to Apple Apple still when I'd visit my relatives. And even with the three year gaps, the owner of the shop would remember me. Hehe. But I'm sure that's because I was probably the only Japanese/white girl in this small area. I still use Sanrio pens, mechanical pencils, their small notebooks for my "to do" and grocery lists, etc. Japanese people (in Japan) just love Sanrio and there are young and oooooold people who deck their homes out in HK stuff. Sanrio has just become part of the Japanese culture, I think. There's no right or wrong, young or old, to it.

Now, though, being a fan of Sanrio for 27 years, I have never been a fan of Hello Kitty. *lol* I always loved the OTHER characters. I don't dislike HK, but I was never really attracted to her items. So I'll really have to see photos or see in person what comes of this tokidoki/Hello Kitty collaboration before I say I wanna buy it.

I'm 27 and Sanrio is in my blood. I've said it in other threads before, I was born and raised in Japan so it was inevitable that I love Sanrio. I've loved it ever since I was a preschooler, being taken to the local Apple Apple shop by the Hachioji Nishi train station by my obaachan's house. I faithfully went to Apple Apple almost every time I visited my relatives. When I moved to the US, I'd visit Japan every three years and would go to Apple Apple still when I'd visit my relatives. And even with the three year gaps, the owner of the shop would remember me. Hehe. But I'm sure that's because I was probably the only Japanese/white girl in this small area. I still use Sanrio pens, mechanical pencils, their small notebooks for my "to do" and grocery lists, etc. Japanese people (in Japan) just love Sanrio and there are young and oooooold people who deck their homes out in HK stuff. Sanrio has just become part of the Japanese culture, I think. There's no right or wrong, young or old, to it.

Now, though, being a fan of Sanrio for 27 years, I have never been a fan of Hello Kitty. *lol* I always loved the OTHER characters. I don't dislike HK, but I was never really attracted to her items. So I'll really have to see photos or see in person what comes of this tokidoki/Hello Kitty collaboration before I say I wanna buy it.

I was excited to see some My Melody stuff at a Sanrio store recently. I miss some of the characters of my youth.

Bring back Tuxedo Sam!

But if you really look at My Melody, there's just soooooooomething slightly different about her when they brought her back. *lol* Like they couldn't get the original artist's touch or something.

That'd be SO awesome if they brought Tuxedo Sam back!! The only thing I have left of him is a set of erasers!!

I've got a box full of Sanrio things I'm saving for my future child (if it's a boy, he's SOL) that nooooooooo other child will ever have. Sometimes I think about just selling it on e-bay, but it's too cute to let go of... Especially this beautiful satiny green purse with HK and butterfly beaded embroidery with a matching make-up purse/clutch.

But if you really look at My Melody, there's just soooooooomething slightly different about her when they brought her back. *lol* Like they couldn't get the original artist's touch or something.

That'd be SO awesome if they brought Tuxedo Sam back!! The only thing I have left of him is a set of erasers!!

I've got a box full of Sanrio things I'm saving for my future child (if it's a boy, he's SOL) that nooooooooo other child will ever have. Sometimes I think about just selling it on e-bay, but it's too cute to let go of... Especially this beautiful satiny green purse with HK and butterfly beaded embroidery with a matching make-up purse/clutch.

My son chose the Hello Kitty toy at McDonald's today instead of the one for the boys.

What can I say?

He loves cats.