Annoying pop-up

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    I keep getting this annoying pop-up box on my web browser(firefox) every few seconds asking me if I want to save/open a file called faveicon.ico from tPF. What's going on?

2. the favicon is the little tPF logo in the browser's address bar to the left of the website address (^(oo)^)v

[​IMG]

not sure why your firefox is asking if you want to DL it though, mine hasn't been doing that :confused1:

Attached Files:

3. Oops..I think I deleted the attachment..

Attached Files:

4. My FF is doing that too. SUPER annoying!

5. mine too, what is it? i hope its not a virus

6. it's not a virus - FF just wants to download the little tPF logo to put in the address bar and to the left of the tab names (^(oo)^)v

you can see the file here - clicking on the link gives you the same dialog box. If you select the "open with" radio button and your computer's image viewing program, you'll see it
    http://forum.purseblog.com/favicon.ico

7. It's really odd and very frustrating. I've always had the icon in my address bar- still do. I'm still getting the pop-up. It's just been doing this today, I've never had this problem.

8. One of our servers must be acting up a bit, I'll check on it.

9. Thank you, Vlad!

All is back to normal today. :tup:

10. Er, scratch that. I am still getting it intermittently.

11. I'll tell him to take another look!

12. I am getting it intermittently on my Firefox as well. :sad:

13. I am getting it constantly. We cleared out the cache and cookies, and it still pops up. But only when I come here.

14. I also use Firefox - but I've never had this problem.

15. I'm also getting it - every time I go from one page to another on tPF. I think it started 2 or 3 days ago. I'll try downloading the file to see if that fixes it, now that I know it's not a virus. Very annoying - why isn't there a "don't show this to me again" box?