Annoying co-worker getting balenciaga for $100 !?!?

I recently went through a really nasty experience with a co-worker. She would ooh and ah over my designer bags and tell me all these hard-luck stories until I felt sorry for her, then try to chisel me with statements like, "Oh, you've got so MANY bags, you wouldn't miss JUST ONE if you gave it to me." or "I don't understand how your life can be so good while mine can be so bad." Of course, now that I'm not such a SUCKER anymore, she said she "hated to be crass" but being "friends" with me made her "uncomfortable" so now she's not speaking to me. I'm SOOOOOOOOO distraught, boo hoo! With "friends" like this, I don't need assassins! Good riddance, beeee-yaaatch!!!!!

no matter its real or not i just think its 'funny' haha!
thanks for sharing da lovely story....!!! lol*

if its real, blesses her. if it isnt i think she will juz say she dusen care? the people juz love here so muchie....lol*

I recently went through a really nasty experience with a co-worker. She would ooh and ah over my designer bags and tell me all these hard-luck stories until I felt sorry for her, then try to chisel me with statements like, "Oh, you've got so MANY bags, you wouldn't miss JUST ONE if you gave it to me." or "I don't understand how your life can be so good while mine can be so bad." Of course, now that I'm not such a SUCKER anymore, she said she "hated to be crass" but being "friends" with me made her "uncomfortable" so now she's not speaking to me. I'm SOOOOOOOOO distraught, boo hoo! With "friends" like this, I don't need assassins! Good riddance, beeee-yaaatch!!!!!

Oh man.. that is horrific! I would of started to avoid prolonged interaction with her at all costs! Thank goodness she did it for you.

Be like a duck and let it roll off of your back.

If she brings the bag in and it is authentic, oooo and ahh over it. There is no reason to do otherwise. If it is a fake, there is no reason to drop that bombshell.

If you got a great deal on a great bag, (and we all have at one time or another) you would be thrilled too.

Just know you have far more knowledge about the brand, knowing all the styles, colors, etc. You have a full appreciation for the quality and carry it with pride.

So again, compliment her on her bag with a smile.

hhehehe... say :"OOO... we must get together and compare bags one day...!" and then point out that it's a fake....

balenciaga for $100!?!?! ppppfffff....

LOL, we are so united against annoying people! I have no patience for people like this! Take the high road sister...and if all else fails...tell her your bag is worth so much more in your mind b/c you worked hard for it!

my mother has a girlfriend who is just the same sort of character as this co-worker of yours. they have been friends for about 17 years, and it's always the same thing...whenever my mom says she went to buy something, the friend has to know what it was and where she got it and how much she got it for and ONCE my mom has told her of course, then she tells my mom how much of a better deal SHE got somewhere else.
now and then, just for laughs, my mom will make things up that dont even exist-just to see what will happen-and true enough, the friend always found a better deal for the thing! next time, tell your "friend" you bought a Bbag fir 3 dollars and just laugh when she said she's getting the next one for FREE!

You should ask your co-worker to let you take a picture of it so that you can post it on PF! :P

I agree with all of the other posts - if the bbag is indeed authentic, it would be a very tactful move to ooh and aah over it. It'll show your coworker that you're the bigger person. Also, maybe your coworker really does admire your style and is just trying to emulate you. ;)

Turtle

I agree - it sounds like she just feels insecure and is trying to get you to notice her. If you give her a little attention, she'll probably feel better and start to back down. If the store is giving it away, I doubt it's something in high demand, but no reason to let her know that.

I am definitely curious to see this bag and trust me I WILL take pictures and post them here...

I have the feeling that this 'great deal' wont happen now, she didn't realize that I knew so much about B-A-L-E-N-C-I-A-G-A. I did mention to her that I would be careful to get a bbag for so cheap b/c it could be fake and she asked me: "how could you tell if its fake?" I told her a couple of things about the bales and the leather etc, She might be aware that was she is getting is not the real thing and might back out since she knows I will be able to tell the difference.

We shall see....

That store does in fact sell authentic Balenciagas....but I would be very surprised if her DIL's boss is giving her THAT much of a deal. I'm sure that the wholesale cost is at least HALF the retail price. If she really IS giving her that kind of a deal, ask her if her DIL can get you one, too... ;)

My mom has a neighbor just like that! Always has something better, did something more fun, been somewhere more exotic, blah, blah, blah. That's all it is, a bunch of yada yada yada!