Annoyed!

BerryWriter

Jan 20, 2010
I made the mistake of reading the "Designer Brands You Will Never Buy" thread in the Handbags forum:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/designer-brands-you-will-never-buy-301731.html

And now I'm annoyed and a little upset. Why? Because the thread is full of rude remarks about designers, especially it seems, Coach. I only read back about 5 pages and there were slams like "Coach is so ghetto!" and rude remarks like it's tacky, cheap, "not presentable" and "the poor man's Gucci".

I really don't understand the rudeness. I mean if you don't like a designer, fine. I think Juicy bags are overpriced considering they are made of terrycloth but I'd never make rude remarks about them because I'd hate to make someone who loves them feel bad about it.

Thanks for letting me vent. I love Coach! :smile:

I read the same thread the other day and I was appalled! Rudeness isn't necessary to voice your opinion on a specific designer, I personally do not like LV, can't figure out the price point considering they are made of minimal leather, but I would never make a rude comment about them.

No offense to anyone, but Gucci bags (well, the sig ones anyway) are UGGGG-LEE! Blegh! I hate seeing them!
What other brand has such a variety of colors and styles and sizes? N:huh:ne. I would rather pay 500 bucks for a beautiful bag that I might not see anyone with, than pay over 500 for what I call a "settle" bag. You know...the one you end up buying at the store because there is nothing else better?
I think Coach rocks. I only buy Coach. The only other label I would ever buy from (but never would, really) is LV. Tell them Gucci people to eat that!

Also, I have a Juicy fluffy...and yes they are overpriced. I bought it only because I became a vegetarian and broke myself off from Coach for a few months (because they use fur, and Juicy doesn't anymore) but I got sucked back in. This doesn't upset me at all.
What does, is people that talk "s" about Coach. Go on with that mess.
:blah:

Again no offense, just commenting on the indecent behavior of some other brand lovers.
-PCL

It's fine by me if you dislike Coach but some people need to be haters. It's not enough to dislike something, they need to pour all sorts of negativity and venom into how they feel about something like a handbag brand. I think people who are like that have deeper issues they don't want to deal with and find it easier to let out their anger toward something that just shouldn't get them so emotional and nasty!

Last edited:
The way I look at it is if you don't like it, don't read it. Sure, people are going to put it down. People will downright insult it. In the end, the more Coach for me. There was also a post called "in defence of Coach" that you can always post in as well.

Okay...sorry for the explosion I just had. I have received a lot of negative feedback by people with Gucci signature bags in public. The look like, wow, you are carrying THAT? It just miffs me. Again, I really do not want to insult anyone here, I love this forum, so please don't take offense to my above post. It's not you, it's other people.

-PCL

No offense to anyone, but Gucci bags (well, the sig ones anyway) are UGGGG-LEE! Blegh! I hate seeing them!
What other brand has such a variety of colors and styles and sizes? N:huh:ne. I would rather pay 500 bucks for a beautiful bag that I might not see anyone with, than pay over 500 for what I call a "settle" bag. You know...the one you end up buying at the store because there is nothing else better?
I think Coach rocks. I only buy Coach. The only other label I would ever buy from (but never would, really) is LV. Tell them Gucci people to eat that!

Also, I have a Juicy fluffy...and yes they are overpriced. I bought it only because I became a vegetarian and broke myself off from Coach for a few months (because they use fur, and Juicy doesn't anymore) but I got sucked back in. This doesn't upset me at all.
What does, is people that talk "s" about Coach. Go on with that mess.
:blah:

Again no offense, just commenting on the indecent behavior of some other brand lovers.
-PCL

^I'm not taking offence to this, but you are not representing yourself well here.

With regards to condescending comments against Coach, I don't see why people feel the need to make such remarks. I myself only have two Coach pieces, and I love them for what they are. Sure they may be 'cheaper' than other brands, but they certainly hold up very well! Coachies, don't take offence from these rude people, and carry your lovelies with pride!

Also, if everyone adopted a view of 'I like that you like it', the world would be a better place :biggrin:

Well said. I've never been able to figure out the venomous disgust that some people have about Coach. It's like they somehow think they are "better" because they carry an LV or Chanel or whatever.

I actually have a co-worker that bought an LV and made a comment to me that she'd "moved up" from Coach. Then I walked in one day with my new Julia gunmetal hobo and her jaw just about dropped to the floor and she mentions it every time she sees me - she even went home and told her husband about how gorgeous this purse was. But she opted to "move up" to a better brand (in her mind) and now she can't afford another purse for a year.

I've stopped reading that forum at all - it just annoys me too. I'd rather be over here feeling the love. :biggrin:

It's fine by me if you dislike Coach but some people need to be haters. It's not enough to dislike something, they need to pour all sorts of negativity and venom into how they feel about something like a handbag brand. I think people who are like that have deeper issues they don't want to deal with and find it easier to let out their anger toward something that just shouldn't get them so emotional and nasty!

We should not pay attention to the snobbery regarding Coach. There is snobbery in every facet of life. Some people will always look down upon others because they have more resources (money) to afford expensive things. Our identity does not come from things we own but who we are inside and how we treat others. Lets have fun with our Coach bags and ignore the haters!