Annoyed!

People are very rude at times - try reading the Hermes threads.....As far as Coach goes the same can be said of those of us that only buy at the Boutique not the outlet but I respect what ever bag a person carries I personally like the ususual Coach not the C's all on them but that me. I also have LV, Coach and just got a MJ but some people just like to judge wear what you LOVE LIKE AND ENJOY with PRIDE

I made the mistake of reading the "Designer Brands You Will Never Buy" thread in the Handbags forum:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/designer-brands-you-will-never-buy-301731.html

And now I'm annoyed and a little upset. Why? Because the thread is full of rude remarks about designers, especially it seems, Coach. I only read back about 5 pages and there were slams like "Coach is so ghetto!" and rude remarks like it's tacky, cheap, "not presentable" and "the poor man's Gucci".

I really don't understand the rudeness. I mean if you don't like a designer, fine. I think Juicy bags are overpriced considering they are made of terrycloth but I'd never make rude remarks about them because I'd hate to make someone who loves them feel bad about it.

Thanks for letting me vent. I love Coach! :smile:
Yeah, I got judged for Defending Coach..But we shouldn't let it get to us, because we know why we Love Coach.....Thats why I don't even go over to that Thread any more...I had to explain myself as why I did not like LV or Chanel..( I Cannot Afford them) To each her own, but Don't Knock what we Love....;)

Last edited:
There will always be haters and distaste in more than just handbags... would you believe I've earned my own group of "haters" here on the boards because I'm outspoken, helpful and strong willed?! Who knew :smile:

But hey, things are what they are, people will be as they have been raised and just like the statement "you can't fix stupid" there are just SOME THINGS that can't be changed, so acknowledge who they are and what they stand for, but we don't have to approve their behavior.

I might not "hate" any specific brand, but each has it's own appeal and Coach (and LV) at this time is what is keeping my fancy.

I read those threads all the time and I also read many threads in other Sub-forum and if I got Mad every time some talked trash about Coach I would go nuts and get kicked out of tPF...

I do comment and state my point which is mostly that Snobbing Coach be because it is Made In China just does not make any sence. I am sure these members own things Made In China so there comments make not sence..

We must remember most of the members do not mean to be rude we all have Brands we would not buy with or without the funds to pay for them.. in the end that is just meant to be a personal list not personal bashing, the comments can be tacky but you can not take it to heart, most of these people never look past the Siggy bags or at the Siggy bags for that matter.

In the end I hate being the Red-headed Step Child (no offense intended) of the Bag world but Coach is. As a Coachie I can take it... Either way it is not going to change my love of the brand and my buying habits...

Hell with all the Coach I have purchased over the year I could have any bag but who wants any bag I love Coach and isn't that the hole point...

it's fine by me if you dislike coach but some people need to be haters. It's not enough to dislike something, they need to pour all sorts of negativity and venom into how they feel about something like a handbag brand. I think people who are like that have deeper issues they don't want to deal with and find it easier to let out their anger toward something that just shouldn't get them so emotional and nasty!

ita!!

Don't feel bad at all - people like that are very rude and judgmental and honestly, they need to start reading the Bible because they are doing the exact thing God does not want.

I honestly think they do it because they feel the need to tell everyone that their bags are the best. It's honestly childish. The truth is - most people in the world do not buy name brand. They shop at Target or Macy's or wherever. For me, Coach is plenty. Sometimes the price is high for me and other times when I get discounts and such it is the perfect price. I've also bought Lucky Brand prior to Coach because I liked the style and the price. Sometimes it is nice to not have to worry about getting your bag dirty or being so, so careful with it. I think everyone likes what they like but why talk down to that extent about other brands? What good does it do? Does it end world hunger? Does it prevent abuse? It's honestly ridiculous. People like that just really irk me because those are the type of people that are constantly judging everyone else and never themselves. Guess I am venting too! lol (Oh and the comment about the bags being ghetto just shows how uneducated these people really are - I honestly think that is rather rude to say.)

ITA as well - I think people like that are not happy with their own lives. I've met a lot of negative people in my life and almost always they are not content with their life. They put others down to make themselves feel better. I've had to end a couple of friendships because it was just too much to deal with and it isn't fair to the other person when they don't deserve it at all. The issue is with them - no one else.

I will honestly say that the pretentious, stuck up attitudes by some on TPF is what turned me away from many of the other designer forums. I stick to Coach, because I like the bags and the people in this subforum. I have finally admitted to myself that I want a LV Ebene Speedy, but I doubt I will ever go to the LV forum. I don't like the atmosphere of the other forums. I think my biggest annoyance about it was that the majority of the comments weren't just trashing Coach, but A LOT of judgments are being passed about the people who carry Coach.

Things like this used to bother me, but now it just seems so pathetic. If you can sit back and read those things when you are calm you can tell that the venomous comments come from people whose identities are wrapped up in the things they own. See me! I'm special! Look at the name on my bag! I am so elite you'll never be as good as me!!! I win!!!!!!!

I bought a Chanel about a couple months ago, I used it for a couple days but then I went right back to my Coach bags! Coach bags are so unique and really make an outfit compared to the boring, blah styles of the higher end designers!

I stay out of those threads. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but some people talk about Coach like it is the scum of the handbag world. I buy what I like and what I can afford. I have an LV that I love to pieces but I have been a Coachie for almost 10 years. My first designer bag was Coach (I was 17). Coach has and will always have a special place in my heart.There are some bags that people rant and rave about on this forum and I just don't get it. I may not like a bag or brand but I would never slam it.

I've read that thread too and it seems most designers are mentioned a few times but Coach definitely seems to be a popular answer in that thread. Which I find surprising because I see a lot of Coach everywhere from walmart, to grocery stores, the mall, parties...etc

But I don't care. I love my Coach bags and the fact that they cost a fraction of what some of the other designer brands cost.

I will honestly say that the pretentious, stuck up attitudes by some on TPF is what turned me away from many of the other designer forums. I stick to Coach, because I like the bags and the people in this subforum. I have finally admitted to myself that I want a LV Ebene Speedy, but I doubt I will ever go to the LV forum. I don't like the atmosphere of the other forums. I think my biggest annoyance about it was that the majority of the comments weren't just trashing Coach, but A LOT of judgments are being passed about the people who carry Coach.

Things like this used to bother me, but now it just seems so pathetic. If you can sit back and read those things when you are calm you can tell that the venomous comments come from people whose identities are wrapped up in the things they own. See me! I'm special! Look at the name on my bag! I am so elite you'll never be as good as me!!! I win!!!!!!!

There are some nice folks in the LV subforum. A lot of first time LV owners doing a reveal as well as some serious collectors.