Annoyed w/ Luna Boston

lcarlson90

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
I have had my eye on this Cole Haan bag on LB for a week. It was on sale for $180 all week but I was waiting for a coupon code so I could get it cheaper. I was so excited when I got the Black Friday email that said everything was 40% off starting at 10:00 am EST.

I got online at 9:50 am and the bag was still $180 but somehow as soon as the "black friday" sale started the bag went up to $291. That just seems wrong to me. I didn't buy the bag because I was so annoyed. Instead I went and bought a Linea Pelle from Bloomingdales. :biggrin:

Yeah, that would irritate me, too. I've noticed that A LOT of retailers do that.

The tricks retailers use work my nerves. I do what you did: I don't buy.

that sucks :sad:

I noticed the samething on NYX cosmetics.. a palette I wanted was $15 pre black friday sale. Then at the black friday "50% off" sale it was $11
I did the same as you -- I did not buy

that sucks :sad:

I noticed the samething on NYX cosmetics.. a palette I wanted was $15 pre black friday sale. Then at the black friday "50% off" sale it was $11
I did the same as you -- I did not buy

Wait, what? The palette was $15 before, now it's $11? What am I missing here?

OP, that really does suck, I've not noticed online retailers doing that, but I've seen places like CVS do it to compensate for a sale. I think it's bad business TBH, but those that don't stalk an item wouldn't know the difference, when is why I'm sure they feel like it's ok to continue to do stuff like this. Glad you got a different bag somewhere else though! :smile:

OP, that would annoy me too. I would call them on it - I know you already bought another bag so I'm guessing you don't want to buy the Cole Haan one anymore, but I would let them know that they lost a sale because of this. I'd be curious to see if/how they respond.

Sorry, OP, I got up really early for the sale also. I was also really disappointed about the LB sale, too. I wanted the Rebecca Minkoff EO lover's clutch. It was on sale for $175 for a looong time. So, I waited until the BF sale because I thought they'd take 40% off that price. But, nope, they took it off the original! It was $177, then it went up to $191. Today, since it's Cyber Monday, it is now $221! :Push:

I wish I would have known that they would just take the % off of the original price! Hopefully all those sales end tomorrow, I just want to pay the $175 now, lol!

I have had a horrible experience with LB and I will no longer shop there. I would prefer to give my money to retailers who werent so shady. On top of retailers who have great customer service.

I have had a horrible experience with LB and I will no longer shop there. I would prefer to give my money to retailers who werent so shady. On top of retailers who have great customer service.

Me too, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience. They shipped my items wrongly to somebody else and did not respond to my inquiries about this, and send me a random tracking number to fool me! I would never shop there again.
Stay away

I too have had a somewhat negative experience with LB. I purchased a bag that was final sale, and it had stains on the leather and considerable wear on the corners. When I contacted them about returning or a partial refund, they told me no refunds, no exchanges whatsoever.

I also had a bad experience with them earlier this year.

I purchased a bag and used their price matching system by entering the URL of the site which had the bag on sale. The price match was honored and I sent payment.

A couple of days later, I received an email informing me that my price match would not be honored. They refunded my money without asking if I still wanted the bag and without offering some sort of discount to make me interested in keeping the bag.

Needless to say, I won't be shopping with them ever again. There are too many better deals to be had out there and with sites that offer much better customer service!

Oh, my. With the economy still a little stale these days, and I don't care what the media would have us believe, I think THIS is the time for all retailers to fall all over themselves to please the customer. We wield the wallet, and our loyalty during these times is more important than ever.
Stupid mistakes on the part of LB!