Annoyed by CL heel heights, anyone else?

Oct 9, 2008
Im starting to get really annoyed about the actual heel height of louboutins compared to their listed measurement. Being that I dont have a store near by that I can actual see, touch, measure, try on, I have to go solely from the description.

My new simple 120s measure nearly 4.15 inches...about an entire .5 inch shorter than the "description" measurement.

My declic 120s are far shorter as well.

While I do love the shoes, it really throws off the look for me, and its frustrating. I love the look of a skyhigh heel...and when they arrive at .5 inch shorter than I expected, it takes the look from skyhigh to long and wonky(ish), imo.

well, being that they are handmade, they are all going to differ slightly, but i think it depends on what size you wear. i wear a smaller size and my heel heights are also usually shorter than listed. (which is personally fine by me!)

I was going to say - I've read in other blogs that the heel height of CLs can sometimes be shorter than the listed height for smaller sizes (which doesn't bother me either, as a small-footed woman). Contrariwise, I've read that 120mm can be over the listed size for larger sizes (39.5, 40, etc.)

^^^i absolutely agree with what you guys are saying, and it makes sense!

I just wish there was an easier way to determine what I was actually getting...I should start looking for 140s! they will probably put me closer to the actual 120 im looking for!

OP Out of curiosity, what size shoe do you wear? I have noticed very slight variations in certain styles as well. Do you notice it in all your CLs or just certain pairs?

I've always wondered about the heel height, strictly physically speaking, for those with small feet. It seems like you'd be standing on your toes instead of the balls of your feet with some of those heights! I guess it works, though!

Hmmm, and you are measuring the very back of the heel right? Are you able to post any pics that might be able to help us see how they look?

oops- just saw my question had been answered!

Ill post pics in a minute...

They are gorgeous, its just that if I wanted 4inch heels I would have bought 100s!

They do look nice and they do look proportionate, but they just dont have the height I was looking for.

I wear a 36...

I never really thought about it, but I just measured my passmule zeppas, and they slightly under 4 inches...i think they were only supposed to be 100s, so .1-.25 inch doesnt really bother me...a .5 inch (to me) visually makes a good bit of difference.

Ill have to check my others at home.

I wear a 36...

I never really thought about it, but I just measured my passmule zeppas, and they slightly under 4 inches...i think they were only supposed to be 100s, so .1-.25 inch doesnt really bother me...a .5 inch (to me) visually makes a good bit of difference.

Ill have to check my others at home.

Oh sorry, for some reason I read that you wore size 41.5, haha. The large difference is pretty strange, though.