annoyed by Chanel

can

Sep 19, 2007
Ok, I called my local Chanel boutique to find out the price of a 2.55 reissue in 227 size. The lady I spoke to couldn't understand what I was talking about in general. She said, we don't go by the terms like reissue or 227. And then she said, please give me the model code and I'll find out the price for you. I was like,,,,w h a t ?? speechless.....Where am I supposed to find the code? Why don't they just try to learn our terminologies?:nono:

I hate that. I feel like the people working in the store (regardless of the company) know less than we do. Shouldn't the people WORKING for the COMPANY know MORE than we do? Apparently not!

many SA frowned upon you when you mentioned reissue sizes in 225,6,7 or 8, but I agree it's like people go to LV and ask for that checker print bag (Damier) - it's not customer's responibility to remember model code, or what season it was from (how the heck can I remember if Chanel don't send out catalogs like LV :mad:). A good SA should assist you no matter how you call the bag.

Agree!

many SA frowned upon you when you mentioned reissue sizes in 225,6,7 or 8, but I agree it's like people go to LV and ask for that checker print bag (Damier) - it's not customer's responibility to remember model code, or what season it was from (how the heck can I remember if Chanel don't send out catalogs like LV :mad:). A good SA should assist you no matter how you call the bag.

They do frown, don't they? :lol:

oh yes, it never fails-Boutique, NM, Bloomies, BG, Hir, and my beloved Saks. Some SA knows my spending history will try to correct me nicely- "WE don't refer it in such way, but I have a good idea which size you are refering to......" whatever, I never say I don't refer American Express as AMEX when they ring me up on the phone lol.

Some SAs don't understand the 225, 226, 227, 228 references because they were the ending model numbers for the corresponding size of reissues a couple of years ago. They are no longer using these numbers. It has become permanent tPF lingo to describe the reissue sizes, which I like, but it will throw many SAs for a loop. Also, some SAs don't understand the term "reissue" either. Some just know them as the 2.55.

oh yes, it never fails-Boutique, NM, Bloomies, BG, Hir, and my beloved Saks. Some SA knows my spending history will try to correct me nicely- "WE don't refer it in such way, but I have a good idea which size you are refering to......" whatever, I never say I don't refer American Express as AMEX when they ring me up on the phone lol.
:lol: At least they know what you are talking about... I've seen SAs frown and state they don't know what a 226, 227 is!

If you asked about a Baby Cabas... they seem to know what they are (were.)