Anniversary

Sooner15

Apr 9, 2020
Hi all, I wanted to ask your opinion on a gift for my wife for our 5th wedding anniversary. She turns 30 this year, our first child will turn 1 and she will start in private practice as a physician - so it’s a big year for her. She likes gold jewelry and I’ve gotten her a love bracelet and ring, trinity ring and several Tiffany pieces in the past. I’m trying to decide between 2 new companies for her - Graff or Harry Winston. Specially I liked these pieces, https://www.harrywinston.com/en/lily-cluster-harry-winston-diamond-bracelet-yellow-gold-0
(Bracelet or necklace),
https://www.graff.com/collections/spiral-jewellery/spiral-pave-band-white-gold/
(Ring or necklace). She often wears a small yellow diamond necklace I got her from tiffanys in the day. Do you have an opinion on the pieces or the brand. My budget is around 5k, I would consider the graff spiral bangle at 10k but prefer to stay around 5. Thanks!

Hi there! Welcome and congrats on your anniversary!

I think she'd be happy with jewelry from either company as they're both high-end, but the Graff ring does give me pause if she wears surgical gloves with patients (not sure what kind of practice she'll have). The Cartier pieces you've gifted her in the past are smoother and less likely to snag. Not sure if this will be a concern for her.

I'm not a necklace person, so I think a ring would be more suitable for a 5th anniversary, but if she's fully stocked in the ring department it may be nice to switch it up with a bracelet or necklace. Good luck deciding!

Thank you! She is a surgeon so on operating days she really can’t wear anything except a necklace. I would envision her wearing that graff ring stacked next to her love ring? Would that look good?

I think that since you’ve already given her 2 rings, the spiral pendant might be a lovely choice! If she stacks it with the yellow diamond pendant she could manage that the yellow diamond is visible through the spiral ring, which I think would look lovely. Also, no issues with having to remove it for surgery.

Congrats!

I think the Harry Winston bracelet will always get turned around, since the weight is at the top.

I love the Graff ring, but I think you would be able to find something similar at a local jeweler for a much better price. Or perhaps get a custom made piece at a jeweler.

I like the design of the Graft ring but I would stay away from eternity rings as she can’t size it down the road.

I would like to recommend this Tiffany Victoria necklace.

Attachments

• 730C626A-2085-4420-848C-31F8A617ACE0.jpeg
    730C626A-2085-4420-848C-31F8A617ACE0.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 102