Annabel Ingall Bags?

Luv2Shop1

California Dreaming
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
So, I am on a quest for a new tote bag--I'm somewhat indecisive about color but am looking for a medium size "soft" tote.

One brand I ran across is Annabel Ingall. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I'm interested in the leather quality and durability in particular.

I appreciate your feedback--both positive and negative! TIA ;)

Here are some pix!

Attachments

• SM_ITEM_TOTE_MILITARY_-_3479_grande.jpg
    SM_ITEM_TOTE_MILITARY_-_3479_grande.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9,210
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 7.24.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 7.24.52 PM.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 5,403
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 7.14.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 7.14.53 PM.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 4,849
I've been looking for a tote myself and love the pics you posted, so thank you.

Wondering if I should take the plunge and order one myself.

I've been looking for a tote myself and love the pics you posted, so thank you.

Wondering if I should take the plunge and order one myself.

I think you should and then you could post and tell me about it! LOL

Seriously, there are a lot of colors and 2 sizes...Shopbop has the best pictures including the interior. If you do take the plunge, definitely post and let me know! :biggrin:

http://www.shopbop.com/bags/br/v=1/2534374302024667.htm

http://www.annabelingall.com/collections/bags

http://www.revolveclothing.com/annabel-ingall/br/fe9d93/

I think you should and then you could post and tell me about it! LOL

Seriously, there are a lot of colors and 2 sizes...Shopbop has the best pictures including the interior. If you do take the plunge, definitely post and let me know! :biggrin:

http://www.shopbop.com/bags/br/v=1/2534374302024667.htm

http://www.annabelingall.com/collections/bags

http://www.revolveclothing.com/annabel-ingall/br/fe9d93/

I ordered the small military one from Revolve, and should have it by Wednesday.
Figured returns are easy and free, so if the quality sucks, back it goes.

Will post pics and lets and let you know what I think. But I warn you, I'm very anal about leather...lol..

I ordered the small military one from Revolve, and should have it by Wednesday.
Figured returns are easy and free, so if the quality sucks, back it goes.

Will post pics and lets and let you know what I think. But I warn you, I'm very anal about leather...lol..

Me too! I am very picky! :P

I will look for your review?

BTW, Military is the color I want too so your review will be perfect!

Me too! I am very picky! :P

I will look for your review?

BTW, Military is the color I want too so your review will be perfect!

Got the bag today, gonna quickly go through the pros and cons.

Pros:
Nice thin leather and the bag has good finishes. They paid attention to detail.

The workmanship is very good. The stitching is even and tight- no loose bits, and no stitches sticking out.

There's an inside zippered pocket that will fit most (if not all) wallets which is important to me as since the bag doesn't really close.
Zipper is smooth, doesn't catch.

The bottom of the bag has feet. I don't think they'll make much of a difference since the bag isn't structured, but it's a nice touch.

The shape is lovely. Looks good full or empty.

Cons:
When I first took it out, I was surprised at the weight. It's not THAT heavy, but it is
heavier than it should be for the light leather, so I'm guessing it's the gold tone hardware that add the extra weight/
I compared it to my Balenciaga work which is a bigger bag, and the Annabel Ingall is most definitely heavier.
Filled up, it won't be your lightest bag.

The hardware.. ok, I'm not a fan of gold tone hardware unless they're antique or not very bright.
On this bag, they're a little too bright for my taste, as well as a little too large.
I can see it being an eyesore depending on the color you choose. But with this green (military) it's not bad.

The unfinished leather inside the bag can get dirty very fast depending on what you put inside. Something to consider if you go crazy over stains.

With all that said, I'll be returning the green and going for the larger size in black. So ultimately, I like this bag in darker colors a lot.

Sorry about the pic quality. My bulldog was very interested in the bag and what I was doing..

Attachments

• ai1.jpg
    ai1.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 4,836
  • ai2.jpg
    ai2.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 4,423
  • ai3.jpg
    ai3.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 4,384
  • ai4.jpg
    ai4.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 4,644
  • ai5.jpg
    ai5.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 4,700
Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Got the bag today, gonna quickly go through the pros and cons.

Pros:
Nice thin leather and the bag has good finishes. They paid attention to detail.

The workmanship is very good. The stitching is even and tight- no loose bits, and no stitches sticking out.

There's an inside zippered pocket that will fit most (if not all) wallets which is important to me as since the bag doesn't really close.
Zipper is smooth, doesn't catch.

The bottom of the bag has feet. I don't think they'll make much of a difference since the bag isn't structured, but it's a nice touch.

The shape is lovely. Looks good full or empty.

Cons:
When I first took it out, I was surprised at the weight. It's not THAT heavy, but it is
heavier than it should be for the light leather, so I'm guessing it's the gold tone hardware that add the extra weight/
I compared it to my Balenciaga work which is a bigger bag, and the Annabel Ingall is most definitely heavier.
Filled up, it won't be your lightest bag.

The hardware.. ok, I'm not a fan of gold tone hardware unless they're antique or not very bright.
On this bag, they're a little too bright for my taste, as well as a little too large.
I can see it being an eyesore depending on the color you choose. But with this green (military) it's not bad.

The unfinished leather inside the bag can get dirty very fast depending on what you put inside. Something to consider if you go crazy over stains.

With all that said, I'll be returning the green and going for the larger size in black. So ultimately, I like this bag in darker colors a lot.

Sorry about the pic quality. My bulldog was very interested in the bag and what I was doing..

What a great looking tote, BPC. Thanks for all the pro's and con's. It was very helpful. It makes me want a new tote:graucho:

Thanks for the awesome review & pix!! :smile:

I like the look of it--but agree that a darker color would probably work better with this design.

It looks like good quality! I have now officially put it on my short list!!

Thanks again BPC!! :smile:

I just bought the large black tote for my friend for her bday. I also own a small cross-body from this brand. The quality is really good for the price point. I got caught in a rainstorm and the bag did not stain or get ruined. Someone at a boutique told me the leather is the same that they use for Mulberry.

for some reason I just posted about anabell ingall and not sure where the thread is...ooops!
I bought one today at bloomingdale's....it's a midnight purple/blue color and really beautiful...very lightweight...SA said they're "flying off the shelves" but who knows...I just really liked it a lot...

for some reason I just posted about anabell ingall and not sure where the thread is...ooops!
I bought one today at bloomingdale's....it's a midnight purple/blue color and really beautiful...very lightweight...SA said they're "flying off the shelves" but who knows...I just really liked it a lot...
Congrats! I adore my Annabel Ingall totes!