Anna Nicole Smith's heirs will get nothing

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
Court: Anna Nicole Smith gets none of oil fortune
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/court-anna-nicole-smith-gets-none-of-oil-fortune/37749?nc

SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court says Anna Nicole Smith's estate will receive none of the more than $300 million that she claimed her late billionaire husband had promised her.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is the latest stop in the 15-year legal battle over the $1.6 billion estate that oil magnate J. Howard Marshall left after his 1995 death at age 90. Smith had married Marshall the previous year.

The appeals court ruled Friday that a Texas jury's 2001 verdict should be honored because it had heard from all parties during the five-month trial. The jury ruled in favor of Marshall's son, E. Pierce Marshall.

The appeals court says subsequent federal court decisions that granted Smith various parts of Marshall's fortune should be ignored.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority by saying this, but she should've recieved a portion
of that money, maybe not all, but a nice size portion.
No matter what her agenda was when she married him, she did marry him, and he
provided well for her..I believe his intent was that she be taken care of..
to me this was cut and dry..
he married her, it's hers..
but I guess they argued he wasn't of sound mind(?)

And sheesh, the old guy hadn't even spoken to his son in years, but yet the son comes around when his dad died.

Had I been the son, I would gave her a lump sum (25 mil?) and moved on..
he would have 100's of millions still..
he was a greedy ahole.
He's dead now as well..

She was a sad case..
and what a beauty in her Guess jeans days..and final days IMO.
I hope her lowlife attorney/hubby Howard Stern does time..he has numerous
felonies against him..if a couple stick..he'll be someone's ***** in jail..

He would drug her up and pimp her out..I know a guy that was approached
by him in Miami and he was trying to pimp Anna out..
what a slime..
Karma's a *****.

Im glad her darling little girl appears to be in a stable home.

I agree also- I figured she received something, just not the 300 million. She was his wife. Even if she married him for his money, he married her for her youth and looks- pretty even to me.

I can't believe the court made the decision to not give any money to her heir. Not to mention the son passed as well. Its crazy that Anna, Anna's son, and Marshall's son all died with such a large sum of money in question. I've always found it fishy.

I can't believe the court made the decision to not give any money to her heir. Not to mention the son passed as well. Its crazy that Anna, Anna's son, and Marshall's son all died with such a large sum of money in question. I've always found it fishy.

ITA. What a sad episode that whole 9-ring circus was...you seriously can't make this stuff up!

I believe she should receive whatever Marshall wanted her to receive. Unless they can prove Marshall was out of his mind crazy - like the spiders under his bed were talking to him crazy - then she (her family) should get whatever he wanted her to have.

Some people treat their parents and Grandparents very badly!!! Maybe he didn't want his son to have the money. The only person I think EVER has a claim to money is a spouse. Children? No. Unless the child is special needs.

JMO

I believe she should receive whatever Marshall wanted her to receive. Unless they can prove Marshall was out of his mind crazy - like the spiders under his bed were talking to him crazy - then she (her family) should get whatever he wanted her to have.

Some people treat their parents and Grandparents very badly!!! Maybe he didn't want his son to have the money. The only person I think EVER has a claim to money is a spouse. Children? No. Unless the child is special needs.

JMO

I completely agree. I hate hearing about low life children who feel they are entitled to their parents' money. They are adults who should be earning their own d**n money!

Whatever Marshall's reasons for leaving his estate to Anna Nicole, they were HIS reasons and since it was HIS money, he had every right to choose to leave it to her. I would be SO angry if after my death someone tried to redistribute my money in any way other than the way that I had specified.

I hope this gets overturned in another appeal.

The concern is that with the amount of divorces and remarriages that happen, children from the former marriage should not be able to go into court and disinherit the new spouse. That is what happened in the Anna Nicole case- the old geezer's kids did not want her getting any money and so far they've been successful at it. Any time this happens, there is a real concern that legal precedents are being set that could be used against other legitimate widowed spouses in order to disinherit them.

sorry i mean everyone should update the will im sure he wanted to take care of her but he did not update his will. i think the care taker should get the money shes the one who had to bath him and change his depends p.s rumor was on some e special anna never even slept in bed with her husband she said he wet the bed and half the time she was gone but that was what the e true hollywood special said .