Ankle Bangles

Emma_Heels

Mad for anklets!
Jan 3, 2012
Bornemouth, UK
Hi all. I've been wearing ankle bangles for a few years now, but very very rarely see any other women wearing them, I think I've only ever seen maybe four or five other women in my entire life wearing them. Why has this not caught on yet?

Mine are mostly cross-over torque bangles that I've opened out and re-shaped. As they're sprung they're very comfortable and flex as I walk with no digging in or constricting.

I do have one that is hinged and fastens with a clasp, I only wear that one with high heels as it can dig into my Achilles tendon after a while in flats or bare feet.

Curious to know your views.

Apologies for the low res pic.

80's revival!

Last edited:

laurineg1

O.G.
Mar 29, 2010
New York
I have never head of ankle bangles! Are they regular wrist bangles that you make larger? I wear a regular ankle bracelet...it has hearts on it. But it does look great on you!

karhut55

Jan 14, 2012
Hi all. I've been wearing ankle bangles for a few years now, but very very rarely see any other women wearing them, I think I've only ever seen maybe four or five other women in my entire life wearing them. Why has this not caught on yet?

Mine are mostly cross-over torque bangles that I've opened out and re-shaped. As they're sprung they're very comfortable and flex as I walk with no digging in or constricting.

I do have one that is hinged and fastens with a clasp, I only wear that one with high heels as it can dig into my Achilles tendon after a while in flats or bare feet.

Curious to know your views.

Apologies for the low res pic.

80's revival!
OMG! Hot squared! Would you dare to wear those outside your hosiery?

Jan 16, 2012
hawt!

the thing is, a lot of people don't know they exist! i sure didn't!

i hate ankle bracelets, but i would love an ankle wrap around bangle.

oh, and some women have those thick ankles so that may be why you don't see many wearing them? luckily i don't! thank god! i would love a couple of those to wear OVER tights! so cute! i can see me right now.. pumps.. tights.. and one of those!:graucho:

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
Anklets have been around for years, so I doubt it's because people don't know that they exist. Personally, I don't care for ankle jewelry.

Emma_Heels

Mad for anklets!
Jan 3, 2012
Bornemouth, UK
I have never head of ankle bangles! Are they regular wrist bangles that you make larger? I wear a regular ankle bracelet...it has hearts on it. But it does look great on you!
Three of them are wrist bangles I've re-shaped, this is the actual one I'm wearing in the pic above, you can see how far I've opened it out:
comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/9c/9ct-gold-cubic-zirconia-set-crossover-torque-bangle.jpg

the other two similar, but have no stones, just a pair of plain gold ones. The forth was a plus-size wrist bangle from QVC wich also needed re-shaping to be comfortable. It has a hinge and clasp, so snaps closed around my ankle unlike the others.

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
My ex bf with a foot fetish gave me one. I am all for adorning different body parts. That said, it can be tacky and very fetish looking. I am not in the mood for all that . LOL

Emma_Heels

Mad for anklets!
Jan 3, 2012
Bornemouth, UK
I bought mine myself, they seem to be hard to find in the right size so none as gifts have been forth coming yet. My partner does like me wearing them, but it's actually me who has the foot fetish :-p

Jan 12, 2010
NYC
Very very cute!!! Do you have a link to purchase that particular bangle?
That would be great for summer, although I could see certain boots pressing in to my ankle bone...