Anita Ko is....

psodhi1982

Aug 23, 2010
I just got chewed out by the designer because I wore her arrow clip earring with another designer's ear cuff (it's similar to her design but much much cheaper). She said I was never allowed to buy her things again! What do I do? If I carry a Chanel bag does that mean I am expected to dress head to toe Chanel??

Appreciate some feedback, so sad right now as I was saving up to buy two more earrings from her!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 10.36.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 10.36.37 PM.png
    664.9 KB · Views: 5,441
So you're wearing her piece that you saved and saved for + another piece that isn't hers and
she's mad???! Gosh. it's like wearing designer + f21/zara/h&m. Would Chanel go after someone for mixing their brand with another? I don't think so. Mixing high end and low end stuff is great! I personally prefer that over wearing one brand at a time. One of my fave IGers, up close and stylish does it all the time..there are many more..

I think it's not fair to you for her to overreact like that. I wonder if she runs her own IG page. Bad publicity on her part IMO to be acting that way.

eta: that ear cuff is pretty ordinary looking...No original design IMO. it's not like she created something revolutionary and another designer (Grock?) ripped it off. She needs to take a seat.

What? She's talking like she invented the diamond ear cuff.

IMHO: She's projecting something else she is upset about onto you. This has nothing to do with you. This is likely some issue she has with other people (people who are probably making money off of her and not giving her credit).

Maybe one arrow earring is enough. Maybe Anita Ko needs to learn public relations and customer service. Maybe if she is this way to enough people, her livelihood will suffer and she'll learn to be gracious about people who don't have the big budgets for her work.

Everyone's star fades eventually. She's on the way up now, but she will also go down. Stores don't carry trendy merchandise like that forever. She isn't a David Yurman or Roberto Coin...

Last edited:
This is silly! What about the people who wear Tiffany bands with non Tiffany solitaire erings... It's ok to mix designers based on personal style and preference. In the LV forum many of the carry their LV accessories in other designer bags... Same thing!

Reactions: webofspinach
What? She's talking like she invented the diamond ear cuff.

IMHO: She's projecting something else she is upset about onto you. This has nothing to do with you. This is likely some issue she has with other people (people who are probably making money off of her and not giving her credit).

Maybe one arrow earring is enough. Maybe Anita Ko needs to learn public relations and customer service. Maybe if she is this way to enough people, her livelihood will suffer and she'll learn to be gracious about people who don't have the big budgets for her work.

Everyone's star fades eventually. She's on the way up now, but she will also go down. Stores don't carry trendy merchandise like that forever. She isn't a David Yurman or Roberto Coin...

I agree with this whole comment..

Anita Ko's comments are really immature and unprofessional. I am dumbfounded and I would never buy from her if I could afford it.

I hope this experience doesn't sour your enjoyment of the earring.

Reactions: lulilu
Hmmm, Does anita Ko have PR people? If I were her I'd let them handle the situation.

You were honest and hash tag the designers and WTH, Anita Ko posting almost neurotic multiple comments like that, militantly ordering you to "remove this post" in social media. Very distasteful IMO: its like youre her kid and she is scolding you. You were polite and she was not, maybe after you make a certain amount of money, you dont need to be.

I'd continue to wear her jewelry, escpecially if you like it. Ignore her and do what you do.

I agree with everything that's been said before. It is equivalent of mixing brands. There are many brands of jeans but you don't see Levi's getting upset if customers mix Lee and Levis. I don't think Anita Ko invented micropave ear cuffs and she certainly doesn't have patent on the design. You were upfront about the items you were wearing. Ignore her and enjoy all the tokens of your hard labour. :smile: