Animalicious Chat Thread

I’ve suddenly lost my 7 month kitten. She went to the vet for a vaccine 2 weeks ago and had been having diarrhea since. I took her back to the vet and they sent me home with flagyl and panacur, suspecting that she had a bug. Last night, she passed away. I’ve never had a pet pass away, does anyone have advice on how to cope?

I’ve suddenly lost my 7 month kitten. She went to the vet for a vaccine 2 weeks ago and had been having diarrhea since. I took her back to the vet and they sent me home with flagyl and panacur, suspecting that she had a bug. Last night, she passed away. I’ve never had a pet pass away, does anyone have advice on how to cope?
I'm so sorry for your unexpected loss *hugs*. It's always hard to loose a furbaby especially one do young. I adopted a 6 month old kitten who had a virus and we had to put to sleep after only 6 months of having him. Just remember that the time she was here she was loved and spoiled girl. Every one grieves differently so be kind to yourself remember that your entitled to your feelings.

Reactions: mrsblake18
ugh you guys. he's gone from nice laid back kitten to attack kitten in the bitey phase. jax and rosie hiss and growl but he doesn't seem to understand their warning signs. he also tries to play with them - kitten play, but they run and hide and he thinks oH CHASE TIME. sigh. it's so hard. i want to do what's best for everyone.

ugh you guys. he's gone from nice laid back kitten to attack kitten in the bitey phase. jax and rosie hiss and growl but he doesn't seem to understand their warning signs. he also tries to play with them - kitten play, but they run and hide and he thinks oH CHASE TIME. sigh. it's so hard. i want to do what's best for everyone.

They will figure it out. Just give them time.

Reactions: chessmont

OMG I am so sorry! Have you talked to the vet about what her/his opinion might be as to cause?

I have lost at least a dozen or more pets and it never gets any easier. The trite response is give it time but time is the only thing one can do. There are pet loss groups in some areas maybe you can google and find something near you or an online group just for pet loss.

Again, I am so sorry I definitely know how you feel; I have lost at least 6-7 cats and at least 15 dogs. So many I cannot count in my head. It is so hard....

Has anyone had to anchor down a cat tree? I got my guys a new cat tree from Costco and it's really tall, they like to run up the posts and it also has a dangling feather. So in between jumping around on it and playing with the feather which is hanging off the bottom of the top post, I'm afraid of either them knocking it over and getting hurt or breaking something when they knock it over. They've already knocked down their smaller cat tree in the past. They will sometimes chase each other around the house and will jump from point a to point b and everything is a launching pad.

Crazy cat ladies/men I have a question. With thanksgiving tomorrow while brining my turkey my cats where going crazy over the giblets. I never use them and I just put them back in the fridge for now. I kind of want to feed them to my cats but I’ve never done it before. One of my coworkers said that I should broil them first. But I know a lot of people like to feed their pets raw food. Is it safe to feed cats raw turkey giblets or should I cook them?

Crazy cat ladies/men I have a question. With thanksgiving tomorrow while brining my turkey my cats where going crazy over the giblets. I never use them and I just put them back in the fridge for now. I kind of want to feed them to my cats but I’ve never done it before. One of my coworkers said that I should broil them first. But I know a lot of people like to feed their pets raw food. Is it safe to feed cats raw turkey giblets or should I cook them?

Just that it never gets better, you just get used to it. And when you are ready, get another pet. There are so many that need loving homes and return your caring 1000x over. (IMO).

Reactions: sdkitty
I'm a bit mad at little girl cat. She was on the back of the ladderback chair interacting with me in a very cute way (as big brother does more often). I reached out to her and she swiped at me with claws out. Would have drawn blood if she hadn't gotten my sweatshirt sleeve. Brat!
Our boy almost never touches us with his claws but she is very bad that way.