Animal welfare and Chanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelly319

May 13, 2015
This morning I came across some articles about leather and animal cruelty. (And no I'm not one of those PETA people.) I also read this article http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/why-leather-is-disgusting-and-cruel/ which was just generally about leather and animal welfare. It just got me thinking about where Chanel and other luxury goods companies source their leather and under what conditions. It's my understanding that luxury leather is sourced in France but anyone else know for certain? To be frank after seeing some videos and actually thinking about leather and the impact on human life and the environment I think I'm going to be much more particular about and do research before buying anything made of animals. I certainly won't buy anything from China anymore and when I think of the fact that lambskin Chanel bags are made of lamb skin i.e. Baby lambs - I cringe a bit. I don't want this to be a debate about animal cruelty. I want to know if any of you know where I can find reliable information about how Chanel leather or where other lux goods are sourced and the welfare of animals. Given that the human population is growing and the demand for leather has increased drastically I feel like I need to be a more responsible consumer. Thanks!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Hi!

We don't allow controversial topics like anti-fur, animal cruelty, etc. . .
Please consider starting a new thread asking the direct question of where does Chanel source it's leather.

Thanks

Reactions: Ceeyahd
Status
Not open for further replies.