Animal sanctuary comes up with a cunning plan to treat Baldrick the baby hedgehog

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Animal sanctuary comes up with a cunning plan to treat Baldrick the baby hedgehog whose spikes never grew

He's four months old. He was abandoned by his mother.

He was brought into the animal sanctuary by a concerned homeowner who found him in the back garden.

He gets a daily massage with baby oil and he's also being treated with antiseptic scrubs.

He can't be let back out into the wild yet because he couldn't survive without his spikes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225546/Animal-sanctuary-comes-cunning-plan-treat-Baldrick-baby-hedgehog-spikes-grew.html#ixzz0W2OE4XUW

Attachments

• Baldrick.jpg
    Baldrick.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Spot The Difference.jpg
    Spot The Difference.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Am I Normal.jpg
    Am I Normal.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 157
I must admit they are much cuter with spikes - he looks like an avacado when he is all rolled up!!! Good for them for taking him in. I hope his spikes grow in!

^^ he does look like an avocado!! but a really cute one with a pink nose. I wonder what caused his spikes to never grow in (I couldn't get the link to work so I couldn't find the original article). Hope he is able to thrive in captivity -- and hopefully grow those adorable little spikes!