Animal-print clothes and accessories

I don't mind them in moderation. I have a beautiful Bebe dress in leopard print I thought I would never wear - but it looks great on! Kind of what the Jennifer Lopez Versace dress should have looked like!

I just recently bought my first animal print item ever, a Kate Spade small Maddox Kariba zebra print in chocolate. As animal prints go, it's fairly subtle, but my husband was horrified. I'd definitely consider animal print flats though. I can see them with a black outfit or jeans.

I honestly could never ever wear animal prints, its way too vampy and I'm way too cutesy, which is the way I like it. I do sometimes like Zebra print, but for other people, not myself. I think the flats will be nice though since it'll just be your toes peeking out.

Animal prints can be elegant or trashy depending on how you wear it. It looks trashy and cheap if you're wearing it head to toe or mixing prints. It's fine when it's a small item, like a bag or shoes, worn with a neutral outfit. Personally, I love wearing black and adding in a leopard accesory. It's simple with a little bit of edge.

I'm definitely beginning to think that there is a "right way" and a "wrong way" to wear animal prints....in moderation, right? In any case, I really love the J.Crew flats (I'm wearing them today with dark jeans and a black sweater). I'm feeling mighty fierce today ;) ;) ;) .

fashionfrenzy said:
I love animal prints--but I never do print overload. Those shoes are killer, are they comfy? I love flats, I may have to go and get those, too cute!!!

They are super comfy...I was shocked because I had tried on similar flats from J.Crew and thought they were stiff, but these are fabulous. They are a bit pricey for J.Crew shoes (but then again, their shoe prices are rising), but I really, really love them. I have to walk 6 blocks from the Metro to my office and they got me here in one piece.