Animal-print clothes and accessories

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
How does everyone feel about animal-print? Up until recently, I was really opposed to them simply because being from New Jersey, I've seen my fair share of women with animal-print overkill and hated it. But, I purchased my first animal-print thing - flats from J.Crew this past weekend.

75744_PA9726.jpg

I figure that since I wear mostly black, they kind of add a fierceness to my outfits that I don't otherwise have. What do you think? And what are your preferences?

I like animal prints - they never really go out of style but it's tricky to wear them. As for this particular pair of shoes - I am not feeling it.

"I figure that since I wear mostly black, they kind of add a fierceness to my outfits that I don't otherwise have. What do you think? And what are your preferences?"

I agree that animal prints go very nicely with all black or another solid color. My preference is to keep animal prints to a minimal, but I think they definitely make the whole outfit stand out if done correctly.

BTW, I love flats (as well as heels). I think flats look very sexy. The reason why I am not feeling the JCrew animal print flats is probably the bows ... a bit too much for me but it depends on how they look on you. Enjoy!

I think animal prints are something that should be worn in moderation, and the rest of your outfit should be very low key, nothing that stands out. The animal print does enough of that on its own ;) I saw a hideous pair of animal print pants by XOXO at Macy's yesterday. They were awful :sick: They were $89, too! :suspiciou

I'm all for ONE animal print somewhere on your body. In fact, one of my favorite skirts is a gauze leopard print. But those people who mix animal prints should be shot. Zebras and leopards don't get along in the wild so they certainly don't belong together on anyone's body!

I love animals prints! I'll wear them wheather or not they stay in fashion becasue that is something that I love and I actually know and work with exotic animals, so it is near and dear to me. I was so happy when animal prints became so HOT, it seems like before this treand it was only little old ladies and hookers that wore it. I agree a little goes a long way.

I do have animal print just about eveything though, from bra, panties, robe, slippers, sunglasses, sandels, pumps, mules, belt, scarf, ring, earings, blouses, t-shirts, pants, skirt, 2 piece outfit, gloves, mittens, hat, and so on and so on! I like leopard the best, but also have tiger, zebra, reptile. Oh yea, one pony/cow print skirt, I know it sounds tacky, but it is really cute with the right outfit and I am in cowboy country. The only thing I don't have is a dress or a pair of boots.

I have loved animal print since birth. One time when I was in college my sister asked me when I was going to "grow out" of the animal print thing.:evil: It's not a phase.

I intensely dislike animal prints - I don't mind a light touch, like Helen said, a scarf could be lovely - somewhere in my earlier life, I equated animal prints with a bit of a tawdry look and I can't completely shake it (although I know it's silly).