the Angelina Jolie thread

What I question is parents throwing common sense and caution to the progressive wind, hellbent on augmenting and embracing a sudden, omnipresent and obvious agenda pushed on children often not even old enough yet to transition from Duplo to Lego. Most kids roleplay, whether "identifying"as the local neighbourhood dinosaur, a goldfish, a princess, a Ninjago or Pippi Longstocking and endlessly on (Calvin and Hobbes, anyone?). But they're kids, they grow out of it. Or become artistic adults :smile:

We don't actually know that Shiloh "identifies" as a male. She's been dressed/allegedly dressing as a boy since very young, maybe she is one of the extremely few humans who biologically are born in/with the wrong sex. Or maybe she just has a mom on a political mission. Or who prefers sons to daughters when they resemble herself or for whatever reason. The fact that Shiloh's younger biological sister is now exhibiting the same kind of behaviour (after dressing very girly-ish when younger), while their adopted sister is not, is somewhat striking.

Because yes, I do believe it credible that someone like Jolie has a saviour complex and would consider her biological kids to be more privileged than her adopted kids and treat them accordingly. I'm surprised she had biological kids at all. Wasn't she going to create her own family-UN of kids?

And secondly yes, I think there could definitely be something to what threadbender and others have pointed out. Some mothers don't take kindly to being outshone by their daughters but would rather their daughters suppress their femininity. But more likely, some mothers simply don't like themselves or are insecure and this, I guess, is easily mirrored and embodied by their children because children pick up on these things. Or they're prompted to.
Quoting myself because, well look what I found. From 2007. Calling one of your daughters an outcast in her own family in a national magazine says a he*l of a lot about how Saint Angie feels about her blonde haired and blue-eyed biological daughters.

Jolie goes on record publicly stating she wasn't sure she wanted biological children, that she thought they might be a threat and that she felt a deep connection to her adopted children, how she "felt so much more" for them. She couldn't even say she was glad she had Shiloh. :whut:

I guess this could be an answer to Shiloh's and her biological sister's different behaviour discussed here earlier, compared to the adopted sister's. Kids will go to any lengths to please their parents and sadly to get any kind of approval even when there's only the rubbish kind available. I'm sure Jolie approved this. And like someone suggested earlier in the thread, this could have been a major problem between Brad and her. I didn't care for her before but after reading this I find her disturbed.

Who the he*l calls their babies outcasts, biological or adopted? Imagine Jolie calling one of her adopted children outcast because they have dark hair and brown eyes. Or that she felt so much more for her biological children.

This is really disturbing.

"Angelina told Look magazine: "She looks like Brad. It's funny because she's almost going to be the outcast in the family because she's blonde and blue-eyed."

"Jolie also admitted she would have been happy not to have a biological child." But she changed her mind after seeing Brad with Zahara and Maddox after bringing her to the U.S. from Ethiopia.

She said: "I saw Brad with her and Maddox, and I realised how much he loved them - and how a biological child would not in any way be a threat."

The actress said she felt a deep connection to her adopted children because of the pain they had endured in their young lives.
She added: "I felt so much more for Madd, Zahara and Pax because they were survivors.

"Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born.

"But I'm conscious that I have to make sure I don't ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable."
But when asked if she was glad she'd had Shiloh, Angelina said she avoids singling out her biological child at the expense of her adopted children.

Last edited:
I like the video. For some reason she always comes across so unapproachable (which most actors are but she seems to give ME that impression more than many others).
I suppose it's different for different people, but I personally always liked her and she never seemed anything but nice to me. I remember a few years back she was meeting with fans and signing autographs, and a girl had a panic attack. Angelina immediately went to help her and stayed with her until she calmed down. I've definitely always considered her to be one of the nicest people in Hollywood.