Anemone and Orchid: Both too much?

Mar 16, 2006
I just got the Anemone Large Veneta Hobo but now thinking about getting the Orchid. Do you think it's too close in color? Do you think it's too much if I get Orchid now that I have Anemone? Or should I wait for the white one?

i personally dont think the colors are that close. i have an anemone belly and i'm thinking of getting something in orchid... maybe in a different style? like a montaigne or something?

I see orchid and anemone as two very different colors, so I don't think they're "too close." I've seen them both in person, and I'd never confuse one for the other.

As for whether it is "too much," if by this you are asking whether it's too much color if you already have anemone, I think it depends on what your own preferences are. There's no such thing as too much color, in my book. I love color, and I happen to love both anemone and orchid.

TDL has bags in both colors. Maybe her comparison photos here will help?
http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...-here-comes-orchid-545814-3.html#post13774936

As for the white, I know you've asked about this before. On one hand, if white is what you really want, then you should get it and not settle for a different color. On the other hand, you asked about whether the white would show dirt or wear--I don't know this from personal experience, but I think the answer would be yes on both counts. I think any white leather bag would be more susceptible to showing dirt or stains than other colors. Again, your own preferences would dictate whether a white bag would be a good choice or not.

Sometimes the answer is to go for neither choice, if the decision-making proves to be too difficult. If you don't feel that you love the color enough to grab it, then perhaps you'd be better off waiting for the next season of colors. BV always has nice colors from which to choose. Well, this is just my opinion, anyway. There are some who have non-buyer's remorse by passing up a color, too.

Good luck deciding!

I see orchid and anemone as two very different colors, so I don't think they're "too close." I've seen them both in person, and I'd never confuse one for the other.

As for whether it is "too much," if by this you are asking whether it's too much color if you already have anemone, I think it depends on what your own preferences are. There's no such thing as too much color, in my book. I love color, and I happen to love both anemone and orchid.

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...-here-comes-orchid-545814-3.html#post13774936

As for the white, I know you've asked about this before. On one hand, if white is what you really want, then you should get it and not settle for a different color. On the other hand, you asked about whether the white would show dirt or wear--I don't know this from personal experience, but I think the answer would be yes on both counts. I think any white leather bag would be more susceptible to showing dirt or stains than other colors. Again, your own preferences would dictate whether a white bag would be a good choice or not.

Sometimes the answer is to go for neither choice, if the decision-making proves to be too difficult. If you don't feel that you love the color enough to grab it, then perhaps you'd be better off waiting for the next season of colors. BV always has nice colors from which to choose. Well, this is just my opinion, anyway. There are some who have non-buyer's remorse by passing up a color, too.

Good luck deciding!

thanks for your thoughtful response. you're right. i'm thinking too much about it. but the link will help me make my decision!

I had forgotten how gorgeous TDL's pictures are in this thread!! It makes me happy just to look at them!

attachment.php

I don't think they're close at all. Basically one is pink and one is purple and if you like those colors then go for it. I have 8 Veneta's so I'm not afraid to get more than one color in one style at all. I love both colors and if $$$ were no object I'd get one of each! :biggrin: I do however have both of those colors in my bag wardrobe. Just not both BV.

On the white.....I have white bags, but they are Jimmy Choo and Chanel (caviar) and have had no trouble with them. I don't use them every day and I do check them out after each use and use a TINY bit of leather lotion on them if I see anything at all to keep them in top shape. I personally would not buy woven white as I feel it would be harder to spot clean if I needed because of the raw edges of the strips. I prefer smooth leathers when buying white for cleaning and maintenance purposes, no crevices that would be harder to clean. :P Definitely a gorgeous bag though!

thank you!! i love both colors but wonder if i should wait a bit before getting another veneta. but i don't want to miss the chance of owning the orchid color. decisions!!

Last edited:
If you haven't seen Orchid in person then definitely check it out. It's deeper than it is bright. I'd say Anemone is brighter than Orchid, at least to my eye. Orchid is a deep jewel tone with a brightness to it. I've yet to see a pic of Orchid that is the true color of the Veneta, it's impossible to capture the true color in pics. It reminds me of a fall color more than summer but is year round overall. Bright enough for summer and deep enough for winter. Perfect. Good luck, make a trip to BV soon and report back! ;)

If you are going to have just 2 BV bags in this decade, then i'd say pick something outside the purple/pink family. But since i have a strong feeling that there will be a lot of BVs coming your way, then by all means, go for ORCHID. It's a very elegant, sure of herself pink. Go for it!

You know what???? You sound undecided so I wouldn't do it. If it were right you'd jump in without hesitation. :smile:

I totally agree with BL's comment above... It's not a race and hope you're not pressuring yourself to buy something you want for fear of not finding that color in the future. If you're meant to have it, then you will... some way, somehow.

But since you have not seen Orchid IRL and have a chance to, then go for a look-see. It's only in seeing both that will help you make the right decision for you. Maybe then you'll see for yourself that they are completely different. Also, what bag were you thinking of for Orchid? Another Veneta or a completely different style? Maybe that will help ease your current feeling in terms of a "seeming overlap" (even though I and others here don't think it is).

I had forgotten how gorgeous TDL's pictures are in this thread!! It makes me happy just to look at them!

sbelle - aw shucks, thanks! I had almost forgotten I have those bags (blasphemy!)... :P They haven't been in circulation in a while and Easter might just be the right time to bring them out again.