and we think Hermes croc prices are high!

India

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I just got an email today from Neiman-Marcus. One of the items featured was a gorgeous pair of vert croc Manolo Blahnik sling-back shoes - $2685. Now these shoes have VERY little croc, compared with an entire Kelly or Birkin croc bag! They are just stunning, though. Just imagine them with a little Hermes croc clutch. Actually, they show it with a cute little caiman matte croc clutch in a lucious color - it's cheap - only $1365, but clearly not the quality of an Hermes.

I know it, I saw that email too and was drooling yet horrified over those shoes! Croc shoes are insanely expensive. I wonder if it's because the skin is thick, so it might be hard to work with in small strips?

Croc/alligator shoes have always been expensive. When I was 16 (that would have been in the late 1950's), in a moment of complete insanity my mother bought me a pair of black alligator pumps at Saks. I remember that they cost $175 back then when one could buy Delman shoes for less than $100. They were classic and gorgeous and I wore them for years (until I got pregnant and my feet grew!). Wish I still had them and that they would still fit!

Ooh you come by your good taste honestly, I see! I actually have a few pairs of croc or alligator shoes that are VERY vintage, and they're a little snug on me now (I wore them a lot in college, LOL, when I shopped in thrift stores a lot). Still can't bear to part with them.

Wow, okay, this post makes me wanna go check out my closet...

I have a pair of rich honey-brown croc Manolo's that have never seen the light of day! Despite a matching belt (nonMB!) and watch strap, I haven't ever worn them out of my closet.

Holy smokes maybe I should! :wtf:

LOL Angelfish, I have a pair of black croc Manolos that I only wore once, so don't feel bad! Turns out I should have gotten the 39 instead of the half size smaller I thought I could squeeze into :s

Wow, okay, this post makes me wanna go check out my closet...

I have a pair of rich honey-brown croc Manolo's that have never seen the light of day! Despite a matching belt (nonMB!) and watch strap, I haven't ever worn them out of my closet.

Holy smokes maybe I should! :wtf:

Darling Pattie ( with that avator you got to wear em!!)
:graucho:

I didn't pay anything like that for mine... I don't think... Dear Lord, I couldn't have (checking forhead for scars of telltale lobotomy)

I LOVE Ab Fab. Asking for the complete series in DvD for Xmas! What could be better than a few girlfriends, a bottle of wine, and Ab Fab?? LoL

I have a pair of croc loafers...from about 20 years ago. They are SNUG!!! Way before pregnacy...and I have to admit...weight gain. I just can't let them go...maybe...someday...I'll take lots of Advil and put them on. If I am not walking far.