and the Alma dilemma continues...

k5ml3k

O.G.
Jul 26, 2012
Hi guys, opinions needed....for my first Alma, which color would you guys choose? I'm still unsure exactly which color is best but I know I'm not a fan or amarante 🙊 I know, I know,
everyone loves it but there was just something about it that I didn't love. I had a hologram bag that changed colors depending on how the light hit it and I ended up selling it. Initially I was thinking, it kinda looks black depending on the light so it could be versatile but then I realized why not just a black bag if that's what I was looking for. With that said, I would love the Alma PM in the pomme but that is difficult to find and I already have the Brea PM in pomme.

So, my question is which color would you guys choose? I was thinking electric epi in black or indian rose? Or would you recommend any other color? Thank you!! 😁

Last edited:
I was at LV in Dallas the other day looking for a luggage tag & couldn't take my eyes off of the electric black Epi bags in the boutique. I bet it would be wow in an Alma!

For me it can be dressy or casual!

I think so too...thank you!

I was at LV in Dallas the other day looking for a luggage tag & couldn't take my eyes off of the electric black Epi bags in the boutique. I bet it would be wow in an Alma!

That's great to hear! Thank you. I was just worried about the glue coming showing or it looking cheap, as I've seen these comments on YouTube.

I agree, I have an electric Epi Brea that I've carried as an everyday and dressy bag. I would definitely recommend an alma in ANY color though. I have one in fuchsia that I love.

I agree, I have an electric Epi Brea that I've carried as an everyday and dressy bag. I would definitely recommend an alma in ANY color though. I have one in fuchsia that I love.

Thanks! I know all the colors are great but I really do only want one so I wanna make sure that it's versatile and will last long. How long have you had the electric epi and how is it holding up?

Thanks! I know all the colors are great but I really do only want one so I wanna make sure that it's versatile and will last long. How long have you had the electric epi and how is it holding up?
I've had it almost 3 years. I don't carry it much now since I have so many bags in rotation. But it's held up beautifully. I carried it every few days for a year. A few minor scratches but nothing major. I think it's a great neutral with a lil something extra.

Here are some thoughts. GLD!

Consider other neutral colors like navy blue bc you want to use the bag all seasons including summer, and black is a little to dark, to harsh.

Black epi electric won't look 'cheap' but very elegant and formal

Bold Pomme or Indian Rose will be show stopper colors. Unless you don't mind the attention everyday, go for it

Epi Electric!

Thanks for the input!

I've had it almost 3 years. I don't carry it much now since I have so many bags in rotation. But it's held up beautifully. I carried it every few days for a year. A few minor scratches but nothing major. I think it's a great neutral with a lil something extra.

Oh that's great to hear! I just saw something about the glue and etc with use so it worried me.

electric epi in black

Thank you!

Hun, if you are in the states, There are still some stores carrying the pommel d'amour!

I called the 800 or 866 number and I was told that there are still some but it would be unlikely to get one...

Here are some thoughts. GLD!

Consider other neutral colors like navy blue bc you want to use the bag all seasons including summer, and black is a little to dark, to harsh.

Black epi electric won't look 'cheap' but very elegant and formal

Bold Pomme or Indian Rose will be show stopper colors. Unless you don't mind the attention everyday, go for it

Thanks for taking the time! I already have a navy PS13, which is somewhat similar in style. Also, I have the Brea in pomme and that's why I was leaning towards the other 2. I was actually able to get the electric epi for a decent price pre-loved but I wanted to make sure that I didn't just want it because of the price. I have thought about getting before finding this particular bag Bc I thought it gave the regular epi a little kick. I can be picky with black bags and that's why I don't have too many really. I just didn't want another boring black bag...not saying the the reg epi is boring, just wanted a little kick. With that said, the Indian rose is also gorgeous. Argh!!

You cant really go wrong with alma. Because the design of the bag is already gorgeous, any colour will do.

Now you just have to think about what you want out of the bag. Thats how i made a decision with my alma. I want pop of colour and red happened to b my fave colour, hence why i went with pomme.

Hope that helps!