And now for another question......

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
It's raining here. Actually, it's freaking POURING!

What bag do you use when it's raining so much that even an umbrella is almost useless?

I've gotten to the point where I'm okay with bringing the 35cm Black Togo out in general, but if we're talking Flood City, I have a Marc Jacobs black patent tote and bowler I bring out for said occasion. The tote survived 3 days of downpour in NYC without any issue-it's definitely coated with something akin to Teflon!

hmmmmmmm........the Toile/Leather combo, HG? Was looking at the all leather one not too long ago and passed on it......now I could kick myself.

ShopMom, I always reach for my older French Co Speedy 25.....beautiful bag and practically indestructable.....and with it I still feel *dressed* even if I'm HermessLess that day.

I still take my bj hac with me. IF I get a little drizzle on it I rub it in!
I swear it looks better when a little wet, and somehow the stains comes out.
I do keep my raincoat in it with me just in case.

That is the perfect "amazonia" garden party weather, but I think they discontinued it.:sad:
I have used my togo kelly in downpours, and it was just fine, I made sure to bring a paper towel with me to wipe the bag down with as soon as I got indoors.

I use my Mono Speedy when it rains, or whenever there's dirty work to be done (like carting around my 3 tiny grandchildren!) That will withstand ANYTHING!!:supacool: LOL!